Spectators or supporters

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Nicholas

Kevin Nicholas
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:45 PM

At Batley we welcome & need both spectators & supporters of that there is no doubt.A spectator pays his/her money and if they are not happy with what they see they can stop coming or critcise any aspect of the Club including players & coaches. That criticism can be fair or not and constructive or destructive it matters not as you are entitled to do so and there is nothing wrong with free speech.We just hope they come again and we improve to stop them feeling as they did.Supporters also pay their money and if the team underperform are not happy but no matter what still try to encourage the team to improve and SUPPORT the Club.If we lose and you see comments on here it is easy to work out whether the comments are supportive or not. Whether the poster is a spectator or a supporter.There is room for both but if possible we would like as many supporters as possible. If not then we want as many spectaors as possible .We also want to play well and win so both spectators & supporters are happy but it is not that easy I'm afraid .However we will not stop trying and I hope we succeed. The team did not perform as some predicted the last two games and we hope to continue to improve for rest of season and support does help more than anything else but it is up to you.The support has been great at matches and I am certain this is helping us turn things round

#2 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:55 AM

Kevin, l am not sure what the point of this post is. I consider myself a supporter. I am a shareholder, and travel a considerable distance and therefore pay a considerable sum of money to watch each match.
However, it is precisely because l invest time, money and more importantly, emotion into the club and team that l feel it necessary to vent my feelings somewhere.
I never do so at matches as l feel it important to show my support to the team and l never do so at individuals or criticise their effort for my club which is so central to my life.
That is why this forum is important us all. There is nowhere else to vent feelings with interested parties other than here.
I would suggest that the vast majority of posters on here, if not all, are supporters of the most dedicated kind who only want the team and lclub to thrive, even though we all may disagree on how to do that and voice our thoughts differently.
Being a supporter does not limit anyone's entitlement to voice an opinion surely!

#3 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 649 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

All I think Kevin is saying is its fine to criticise players, coaches, etc. but would rather we got behind them instead.

I also agree that everyone on here (no-matter how negative) are supporters of the club. That's why they are on this forum.

Hopefully we can build on recent performances and have a good game against fev.

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:02 AM

Late night posts are never wise, in my opinion.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users