• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tigers News

Tigers News
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:06 PM

8835.jpg

Tigers' Head Coach Daryl Powell has praised Lee Jewitt for the promising start he's made to his Castleford career.

The 27-year-old prop arrived at The Mend-A-Hose Jungle at the beginning of the month, making his debut with an influential cameo off the bench in the Magic Weekend win over rivals Wakefield Wildcats a fortnight later.

With injuries to the forwards causing Powell a few problems, he was delighted to see Jewitt make a positive impression once more in Sunday's victory over the Widnes Vikings.

"I was really pleased with Lee," Powell said after the weekend win.

"I thought he was great the week before and Sunday was more about toughness in the battle in the middle. I thought they all fronted up really well."

"We've lost Ryan Boyle(knee) and Dan Fleming (back) for the season and Nathan Massey has been out for a chunk now. I thought that it was really important that we got another big man because it got quite difficult managing the pack and getting the best out of them.

"Frankie Mariano has played a fair bit in the middle as a result of us being a man down. He's done a great job for us and Scott Wheeldon has really stepped up in the last two weeks; he was very good today."

Powell also gave credit to the current squad for helping Jewitt settle since his move from French Elite Championship side Limoux.

"He's a good kid; I asked a fair bit about him before he came in and he's slotted in as a bloke straight away.

"He's picked up things really easily. It's helped him with some of our middle men being really good communicators, particularly Grant Millington; he's a great communicator and he's really helped Jewitt to come in to the team and slot in seamlessly."

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users