Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Featherstone sunday 2pm kick off

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 492 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:48 AM

Looking forward to the game Sunday. Am not over optimistic but hoping for a really good hard match and us sneaking the 3pts. Am worried about our front row as Keegan cannot play maybe Johnson from Hudds. to plug the gap.The acid test is can Leatherbarrow eclipse Moore and create some scoring opps for the team maybe Black too now he has a couple of games under his belt. Hope Flanagan isnt allowed his trademark scoot for a try. The thing is a win lifts everyone when pts are so preciose and we can build on that. Final score - Bulldogs 16 Fev 22 or the other way round on a day when the dogs bite back . Here,s Hoping ;) .

Johnson played last night for the Giants and so I doubt that he will be available. Mullally was not picked and so I guess might be in the frame.

#22 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:23 PM

i think we will come 2nd......the bonus point would be a bonus....doubt it will happen..........10-32......

Edited by RPH, 31 May 2014 - 02:55 PM.

#23 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:51 PM

Is Moore back in the team though, he was dropped about 3 weeks ago? A couple of weeks ago people were having a pop at Leatherbarrow for not producing the goods and I pointed out then just how many partners at no. 6 he'd had so far. Now that Black is back and has games under his belt, he has influenced Leatherbarrow to up his game and sounds like he had a commanding game last week. I think his open play kicking is better than Moore's, whose kicks were always easy to deal with and rarely did we see him make a 40/20, whereas Leatherbarrow has. It could actually depend on winning the toss, because if we can play upfield first then we're fit and fresh to stop them running down it. If not then we need to be points in the bag at half-time to make a game of it. I think we might get a bonus out of it, then move on to the following 3 games which should bring full points if our recent improvement holds. What has happened to our super-duper tie up with Giants though? Admittedly some of their players have been recalled for Hudds or loaned out to other SL teams, but am confused as to how players who are DR'd to us at the beginning of the season are then recalled and DR'd out somewhere else. Are there no more players that Giants need to either blood or rehabilitate, and where did Blackmore go after his terrific performance along with Alex Brown v Barrow? This was the season where we decided to go with a relatively small squad with great DR back-up, and it's all gone bum up on that front.

#24 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 810 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:43 AM

Is Moore back in the team though, he was dropped about 3 weeks ago? A couple of weeks ago people were having a pop at Leatherbarrow for not producing the goods and I pointed out then just how many partners at no. 6 he'd had so far. Now that Black is back and has games under his belt, he has influenced Leatherbarrow to up his game and sounds like he had a commanding game last week. I think his open play kicking is better than Moore's, whose kicks were always easy to deal with and rarely did we see him make a 40/20, whereas Leatherbarrow has. It could actually depend on winning the toss, because if we can play upfield first then we're fit and fresh to stop them running down it. If not then we need to be points in the bag at half-time to make a game of it. I think we might get a bonus out of it, then move on to the following 3 games which should bring full points if our recent improvement holds. What has happened to our super-duper tie up with Giants though? Admittedly some of their players have been recalled for Hudds or loaned out to other SL teams, but am confused as to how players who are DR'd to us at the beginning of the season are then recalled and DR'd out somewhere else. Are there no more players that Giants need to either blood or rehabilitate, and where did Blackmore go after his terrific performance along with Alex Brown v Barrow? This was the season where we decided to go with a relatively small squad with great DR back-up, and it's all gone bum up on that front.

not sure about getting full points from next 3 games after today,but today will show us how far we can go this season. a big game today thats for sure if we needed a test then fevs the team to test us,not too sure on the dr lads as i always seem to think they leave us with one of our players as waterboy and if someone had my shirt for the odd game would i want to put it in week after when the dr aint here to play, i know were told dont compare to last season but if we do kick on and come good but once we have tasted the top spots after years a almost going down its hard for us mere supporters to think we might end up in the bottom 5 drop zone.means a lot today and win or lose if everything put in on the pitch that will do me fine.

UP THE DOGS.. :bb: :gaming:

#25 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,474 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

There is a difference between DR and a loan.  As I understand it a club it "attached" to a SL club for DR purposes and a number of players, I believe it is 5 but may be wrong, are registered with both clubs and can play for either whenever.

A loan is when the player joins any other club, either SL or Championship, and is for initially a minimum period of 1 month.  This can be extended if both clubs agree.  Any player loaned to another club in the same competition is not allowed to play against his parent club.

So even though the Bulldogs are DR'd with the Giants, the Giants can loan any player, including those who were registered as DR with Batley, to any other club in either SL or Championship, which is what they have done.

#26 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

Aye, think we will win but no suprise if it is close.
For me Dogs 14 Fev 26.

Weather good and lots of interest. Shame if crowd less than 1500.

#27 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

a shame it was  only 1146

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship Club of the Year 2011"

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users