Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Snitch: ''A great bunch''

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dons News

Dons News
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:10 PM

<p>New Dons signing Steve Snitch spoke to the official website about his move to the Dons.</p>
<p>The forward signed for the Dons a fortnight ago and came off the bench to make his debut in the 40-10 victory over Rochdale Hornets.</p>
<p>Snitch admitted he had planned to retire, following his spell at Australian outfit Northern Pride last year, however had a change of heart.</p>
<p>He said: &ldquo;I was sat at home doing nothing, I had it in my head that I probably wasn&rsquo;t going to play again, I wasn&rsquo;t that fussed really, but then I started really missing it.&rdquo;&nbsp;</p>
<p>"I gave Paul Cooke a ring and said I am itching for a game, he spoke to me before I came back from Australia and said he would be interested in signing me, so I said if you are still interested I want to come down and he said yes.</p>
<p>"I have trained with the boys for a couple of weeks and played against Rochdale, I am just really pleased.</p>
<p>"It is a real tight knit bunch of lads, a few of them have been together for quite a few years."</p>
<p>Snitch admitted there is still a lot of training for himself ahead, but was delighted with how the team have greeted his arrival.</p>
<p>"At the moment I am just going to concentrate on getting fit because I need to get a lot fitter and try and blend in with the boys, get to know them a bit better and hopefully I should be okay in a few weeks," said Snitch.</p>
<p>"All the lads have been really welcoming, they are a great bunch, everyone has come to me and talked to me.</p>
<p>"I was a bit nervous at first obviously coming to a new team, but they have all made me feel really welcome."</p>

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users