Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Snitch: ''A great bunch''

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dons News

Dons News
  • Coach
  • 300 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:10 PM

<p>New Dons signing Steve Snitch spoke to the official website about his move to the Dons.</p>
<p>The forward signed for the Dons a fortnight ago and came off the bench to make his debut in the 40-10 victory over Rochdale Hornets.</p>
<p>Snitch admitted he had planned to retire, following his spell at Australian outfit Northern Pride last year, however had a change of heart.</p>
<p>He said: &ldquo;I was sat at home doing nothing, I had it in my head that I probably wasn&rsquo;t going to play again, I wasn&rsquo;t that fussed really, but then I started really missing it.&rdquo;&nbsp;</p>
<p>"I gave Paul Cooke a ring and said I am itching for a game, he spoke to me before I came back from Australia and said he would be interested in signing me, so I said if you are still interested I want to come down and he said yes.</p>
<p>"I have trained with the boys for a couple of weeks and played against Rochdale, I am just really pleased.</p>
<p>"It is a real tight knit bunch of lads, a few of them have been together for quite a few years."</p>
<p>Snitch admitted there is still a lot of training for himself ahead, but was delighted with how the team have greeted his arrival.</p>
<p>"At the moment I am just going to concentrate on getting fit because I need to get a lot fitter and try and blend in with the boys, get to know them a bit better and hopefully I should be okay in a few weeks," said Snitch.</p>
<p>"All the lads have been really welcoming, they are a great bunch, everyone has come to me and talked to me.</p>
<p>"I was a bit nervous at first obviously coming to a new team, but they have all made me feel really welcome."</p>

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users