Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Round Up with Carl Hall

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dons News

Dons News
  • Coach
  • 297 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

Doncaster chief executive Carl Hall spoke to the official website about all issues Dons.

The Dons bounced back from successive defeats to record victory against Rochdale Hornets at the stadium to move back to third in the Kingstone Press Championship.

The 40-10 win was the clubs biggest of the season and Hall felt it was only a matter of time before Paul Cooke’s men recorded a big win, but insisted there is a long way to go for Doncaster to make the top eight.

“We were always going to have a decent victory at some stage, we’ve had tight games, but once we put our game together somebody was going to be on the end of a big score which Rochdale were.

“I think it was the most controlled we have played for a long time, especially in the first 30 minutes and to get a good victory like we did was great.

“We will start breathing a bit when we have made the eight, but we can’t be comfortable, we are not far off going from third to seventh, it is that touch and go.

“We need to keep worrying about ourselves, take one game at a time, we are on the road now for a month, it is going to be a tough period, but we have been aware of that for a while now.”

New signing Steve Snitch came off the bench to make his Dons debut in Sunday’s victory, after joining the club two weeks ago.

Hall was pleased with his impact and believes there is more to come from the forward.

“He was very impressive, especially when he has made it a couple of weeks before we wanted him too,” said Hall.

"He has had a game now, it is hard when you haven’t played for a long time, it is hard to get the lungs going.

"I thought he did okay, he will get better with every game, he has fitted in very well, he is a smashing bloke and very thorough professional.

"We are expecting big things from him and expecting him to lead the pack, because we have Cooke leading the backs and Snitch is probably the most experienced forward at the club now, me and Paul have talked to him and I think he is really looking up for the challenge."

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users