TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Nahaboo speaks as club prepares to unveil new Super League signings

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

http://www.featherst...le.php?id=13035

As much as i applaud our ambition and support the direction we are going in i'd rather we just announced this sort of thing once it is confirmed rather than announce that we are going to announce something.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

#2 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

I applaud the moves being made by your club this season and in recent seasons past. However, why do they have to keep referencing Leigh in the announcements? It gives the impression that they are catching up, rather than leading the way!

#3 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

well done Mr Nahaboo. he's not prepared to let things go quiet. we have just got over the business with the coach, and he gives us this to ponder and debate, and when this goes quiet we will get the main announcement. he's keeping fev in the news. the man knows what he's doing, more power to his elbow. viva la fevolution.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#4 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

I applaud the moves being made by your club this season and in recent seasons past. However, why do they have to keep referencing Leigh in the announcements? It gives the impression that they are catching up, rather than leading the way!

I think it's an acknowledgement that Leigh have leap-frogged us, at least for the moment. I see Leigh fans gleefully commenting on our references to them all over the social media, but what are Fev supposed to do, bury their head in the sand and pretend we are still top of the table?

Personally I think Leigh have potentially done us (and other Championship clubs with aspirations) a massive favour with their improvement this year, though obviously they have done themselves an even bigger one, and good luck to them, they have recruited extremely well. Had they remained where they are or gone backwards this year, Fev would probably be top of the league and pottering along under Bastian as if all were well, whereas in reality we have come up short of expectations this season. Leigh have probably been helped by the fact that several of the supposed main contenders have either made no progress this year or gone backwards (us, Sheffield, Fax and Batley) but they have clearly improved massively and it's up to others to respond to that. I have no problem with our board acknowledging that. After all, other clubs have put a target on our backs in previous seasons and Leigh are in pole position now.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman, 29 May 2014 - 04:50 PM.

#5 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

any ideas? UP THE ROVERS!
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#6 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 04:59 PM

Going on Holiday this weekend, on the eve of arguably the most important week in the clubs recent history...and no phone signal to boot! argghhhh!
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#7 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,385 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:07 PM

Personally I find the statement a bit cringeworthy. Grandiose comments that fuel our opposition and are a source of amusement to some fans of other clubs.
The commitment the club is proposing is one I hope we have funds to cover, otherwise we are vulnerable.... big time.
Why do I feel cautious and extremely apprehensive about all these press releases???
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#8 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:15 PM

Personally I find the statement a bit cringeworthy. Grandiose comments that fuel our opposition and are a source of amusement to some fans of other clubs.
The commitment the club is proposing is one I hope we have funds to cover, otherwise we are vulnerable.... big time.
Why do I feel cautious and extremely apprehensive about all these press releases???1

Edited by LOWFIELD, 29 May 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#9 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

Why do I feel cautious and extremely apprehensive about all these press releases???

I don't think it is cringeworthy, and I admire what your club is doing, I just don't understand the need to continue to reference Leigh. What they have done recently does not remotely compare to what your club have achieved and I see no reason for it.

#10 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

Statements about statements? I much prefer statements to be announced when they happen and then we don't end up with egg on our faces; Then on the other hand Fax are bemoaning that they never hear anything from their board..so which one do we prefer?; UP THE ROVERS;

#11 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:57 PM

I just don't understand the need to continue to reference Leigh. What they have done recently does not remotely compare to what your club have achieved and I see no reason for it.

this is true but what happens over the next 18 months will have a much more significant long-term impact than finishing top of the league 4 years in a row did. The stakes have been changed dramatically.

#12 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:57 PM

I don't believe anything on that statement. Last year, a statement was given out that we would have some full time players for this year. Believe it when I see it.

As for the Superleague players, they won't be highly noticeable players. Unders 20's from Superleague teams more like.

Edited by ROVERS FOREVER, 29 May 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#13 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:20 PM

what about players like ellis and worthington etc. that are going out into the schools and local community, aren't they full time

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#14 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:36 PM

Serious question - if 6 more come in next week, how many players have you got on the books now?
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#15 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:03 PM

#16 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

And we'll easily beat you Sweaty with all them on the field at Leigh lol;

#17 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:51 PM

Chisholm gone
Sunley gone
Roche gone
Smeaton out injured
Nicholson out for season
Heard Fox gone
2 of squad gone to Aus

So if 6 come in the squad is no bigger than the start of the season

#18 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,263 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

Chisholm gone
Sunley gone
Roche gone
Smeaton out injured
Nicholson out for season
Heard Fox gone
2 of squad gone to Aus
So if 6 come in the squad is no bigger than the start of the season

Hirst out on loan
Tommy coming back
Im Fev and im proud

#19 Snowys Backside

Snowys Backside
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 02:44 AM

Im a bit with Robin on this one. We (Leigh) had a press conference last night to confirm 2 more FT players in the 1st team and one in the reserves. Paul Rowley just confirmed as coach for 3 years too.

Leigh and Rovers are leading the way, but press conferences are supposed to be 'live' and proactive rather than speculative.

I am sure it will happen though, but it will be interesting to see the calibre of the names SL players once announced.

#20 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:42 AM

And we'll easily beat you Sweaty with all them on the field at Leigh lol;

It will be a low scoring affair against our 68

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users