Nahaboo speaks as club prepares to unveil new Super League signings

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#21 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

An announcement about an announcement to be made in private. Yes, very news worthy, why not just wait till next week's news conference?

As with Koucash it's all getting a bit like the boy who cried wolf.......

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep, 30 May 2014 - 10:16 AM.

#22 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,971 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:04 AM

An announcement about an announcement to be made in private. Yes, very news worthy, why not just wait till next week's news conference?

As with Koucash it's all getting a bit like the boy who cried wolf.......

I'm assuming these press releases are intended to raise profile and increase positivity.
They are having the opposite effect on me at the mo.
I can't help shaking my head at some of the content.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#23 old big red

old big red
  • Facebook
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:12 AM

You no what they say no news is good news but a little go's a long way

#24 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 479 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

Chisholm gone
Sunley gone
Roche gone
Smeaton out injured
Nicholson out for season
Heard Fox gone
2 of squad gone to Aus

So if 6 come in the squad is no bigger than the start of the season

Hirst out on loan
Tommy coming back

Also add Liam Walmsley to the list I noticed he played for the under 20's last week at Keighley.

#25 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:00 PM

I'm assuming these press releases are intended to raise profile and increase positivity.
They are having the opposite effect on me at the mo.
I can't help shaking my head at some of the content.

I'm sure they are Robin, but as with the boy and the wolf, keep making them without actually saying anything, no one's going to be interested when you actually announce something of substance.

#26 Bullock Shed

Bullock Shed
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

Why are we so negative , we have waited for so long to have a backer for this club give him a chance.Roll on for further news.

#27 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

I think its great at the moment he just give the volenteers £60 000 to help complete the stand isn't that positive news and something some other clubs can only dream about Some just look for the negative things all the time. Lets all stay positive we are stronger with him than without and he has got everyone talking about us

#28 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 717 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 04:39 PM

I could understand all the moaning if we were in the position we were in a few year back , just about doomed. I think some would still find something to moan about whatever situation we are in ,

#29 bouch

bouch
  • Twitter
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:19 PM

Well said things are looking up we could be on relegation battle up the rovers

Edited by Maureen T-k, 30 May 2014 - 10:06 PM.
Text speak

#30 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:08 PM

The press conference due to be held on 2nd June as now apparently been postponed till the 16th June. This as come in a email to rovers radio informing them
Im Fev and im proud

#31 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

The press conference due to be held on 2nd June as now apparently been postponed till the 16th June. This as come in a email to rovers radio informing them

Has it been announced that the announcement has been postponed? I expect a Press Conference will be called about the announcement.

Posted Image

#32 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 479 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

According to Hull FC web-site we are getting winger Jason Crookes on a season loan with a call back clause if Hull require him,also Chris Green a prop on a 1 month loan deal,both players available for tomorrows game at Batley.

#33 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:23 AM

Crookes isnt as he is still serving his ban

Edited by elppaxr2i, 31 May 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#34 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:49 AM

Has it been announced that the announcement has been postponed? I expect a Press Conference will be called about the announcement.

There may be an announcement about an announcement saying there's going to be an announcement about an announcement
Im Fev and im proud

#35 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,971 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:53 AM

I just worry we have the income to cover our current commitments without over extending even further and making us unnecessarily financially vulnerable.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#36 Mark T

Mark T
  • Coach
  • 169 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

I know its been covered elsewhere but brining in loan players along with the DR's we're getting from Wakefield must have an unsettling effect of the rest of the lads, particularly when they seemed to be settling down after the departure of JB. Not sure its a wise move but I guess time will tell!

#37 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 139 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:20 AM

Danny Bridge on a month loan from Warrington too (just when we thought the Warrington Mafia had departed.)

#38 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

I wonder if all this comes off whether the Salary Cap police will be all over you?

As mentioned those displaced may be a bit peed, especially if they are asked to fill in once some may go back - interesting few weeks for you guys.

Edited by sweaty craiq, 31 May 2014 - 11:41 AM.

#39 old big red

old big red
  • Facebook
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

Loan players DR players it seems to me SL are the winners in all this what happening to are players that cannot
get a game we can't send them to SL to get fit NO don't won't that they really don't won't championship clubs in

SL but needs must and all that only time will tell must keep supporting are players come on you fev

#40 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 227 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:24 PM

According to Hull FC web-site we are getting winger Jason Crookes on a season loan with a call back clause if Hull require him,also Chris Green a prop on a 1 month loan deal,both players available for tomorrows game at Batley.

Nowt to shout about there IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users