Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Todays Game

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 ackworth

ackworth
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

Some spot on observations from Feath, Batley and Sheffield fans. Sometimes need to take a look at your problems rather than say how well we played or how many wins we have got and when better to look at problems than when you have won.

Need to forget about the ref because guys like that who have obviously never played the game will always be about and we just seem to get wrong side of many decisions, that's how it is.

Agree that Crossley has not given us much all year and Locky as well as being good for a couple of penalties and a couple of knockons each game has turned into a plodder. Kainy had a good game, think Moore had another stinker, sooner he is away the better for me and bring Briggs back.

My biggest complaint that seems to go unnoticed by the coaches is defensive line speed, we wait for the opposition to decide what to do and then expect to make every one on one tackle, and why do we not "umbrella" their attacks, like yesterday we let them run up the slope and spread to the right until they got over - watch Leeds or Wigan and see how they strangle attacks.

Rant over, but time for Andy Hay to look at small problems and resolve them before we will be playing good rugby again. 

#22 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 909 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

i sat looking around at Batleys ground yesterday, it was bathed in sunshine and looked great. what Batley have done over the last few years whilst still keeping a good competetive side on the pitch, is incredible. they should be very proud.

Thanks for the comments OldRover, there has been a lot of sustained, steady, controlled development over the last 10 years,on/off/around the ground, the results you saw yesterday. Regards being proud it comes from our motto/club badge---PRIDE & HERITAGE. Good luck for the future.

ColinB.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#23 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,859 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

Agreed 100% dave
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#24 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:32 PM

Some spot on observations from Feath, Batley and Sheffield fans. Sometimes need to take a look at your problems rather than say how well we played or how many wins we have got and when better to look at problems than when you have won.

Need to forget about the ref because guys like that who have obviously never played the game will always be about and we just seem to get wrong side of many decisions, that's how it is.

Agree that Crossley has not given us much all year and Locky as well as being good for a couple of penalties and a couple of knockons each game has turned into a plodder. Kainy had a good game, think Moore had another stinker, sooner he is away the better for me and bring Briggs back.

My biggest complaint that seems to go unnoticed by the coaches is defensive line speed, we wait for the opposition to decide what to do and then expect to make every one on one tackle, and why do we not "umbrella" their attacks, like yesterday we let them run up the slope and spread to the right until they got over - watch Leeds or Wigan and see how they strangle attacks.

Rant over, but time for Andy Hay to look at small problems and resolve them before we will be playing good rugby again. 

If you read my comments over the past weeks, one of my main statements has been the fact that our line speed in defence is woeful at times allowing the opposition to gain at least 15mtrs before we lay a hand on them. Our in play kicking is also scratchy. We do not split the opposition defence or turn the fullback around. Regarding Locky and Crossley, I dont think that I would be putting body on line knowing that the team was going to be flooded with newcomers. This could apply to one or two more of the lads. When you sit back and survey the situation, it has been organised chaos over the past months with managerial changes and statements coming out of the club regarding our impending future. Not exactly an ideal situation or atmosphere to be playing in. 

Edited by saddleworth, 02 June 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#25 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for the comments OldRover, there has been a lot of sustained, steady, controlled development over the last 10 years,on/off/around the ground, the results you saw yesterday. Regards being proud it comes from our motto/club badge---PRIDE & HERITAGE. Good luck for the future.

ColinB.

Having attended last week ends games, the Nationa Final etc and witnessing the state of the field, I thought that it would be a mammoth task to bring it back to something like. However, I was amazed on Sunday to see a perfect playing area which was a credit to the groundstaff. Well done.

#26 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 750 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

i did and no we never looked like we would lose that game at any point

you did with two breaks one first half other in 2nd half we dropped both over the line 12 points gone begging there

#27 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:33 PM

i sat looking around at Batleys ground yesterday, it was bathed in sunshine and looked great. what Batley have done over the last few years whilst still keeping a good competetive side on the pitch, is incredible. they should be very proud.

What lovely sentiment and we'll put. Thanks.

#28 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 03:53 PM

We are going through a lot of upheavel player wise; Its imperative that a settled side is sorted sooner rather than later; There is noteable improvement in our play; There is too much talk about who we are bringing in and who we aren't bringing in; That upsets team morale; Use the players that want a future at Fev and let the others please themselves;

Let the players get some back slapping going..everytime the opposition knock on or throw a wild pass into touch; It boosts team spirit and as an affect of upsetting opposition.........Criikey I've re read all that and I sound like a coach; Finally give the opposition credit for digging in there..Batley are no mugs and need to be treated with respect;

#29 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

you did with two breaks one first half other in 2nd half we dropped both over the line 12 points gone begging there

give over we had at least 3 tries chalked off.....and switched off in last 10 mins. played pretty poorly and still won at around 60%

#30 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

You're right about Crossley and Locky, in fact most of the pack of 2013 have yet to hit the form of last season, although they did give Leigh a real fright at their place until Matty & Bozzy got injured. Everyone said that Barlow was MOM, but for me the only difference between the two sides was Brierley, and if he ever gets injured I think they could lose one or two. Briggs is another one still to find his true form, but will he ever get back to his best after such an horrific injury? But above all with Briggs, he seems to play better down the right, and that spot is occupied by Andy Kain!

#31 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

You're right about Crossley and Locky, in fact most of the pack of 2013 have yet to hit the form of last season, although they did give Leigh a real fright at their place until Matty & Bozzy got injured. Everyone said that Barlow was MOM, but for me the only difference between the two sides was Brierley, and if he ever gets injured I think they could lose one or two. Briggs is another one still to find his true form, but will he ever get back to his best after such an horrific injury? But above all with Briggs, he seems to play better down the right, and that spot is occupied by Andy Kain!

Note to self: remember to log out when using posting from Steve's PC

I Amin general agreeance with you however, but feel it is unfair to criticise Lockwood to heavily as he is currently covering at prop (Yes I realise loose on the team sheet.) He is therefore not running out wide where he appeared to be a high quality player for the majority of last season. I can't wait for the return of Bostock, as his offloads frequently provide the opening in a tight defence.

#32 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

to be honest all this player, staff & investor slating really makes me sick, especially on facebook by the usual loud mouth cretins.(we all know who they are) I have not seen these usual suspects go say it to any players faces because they dont have the balls, nor do they have any idea of playing at that kind of level. They are so dumb that they think we are entitled to win every game and if we don't there is some player to blame - this week its Crossley who is now accused by some f'wits of stealing a living. Maybe they should try getting bashed up in car crash type collisions for an hour every sunday afternoon, without pay if they lose.

Then we have Poskitt getting slaughtered because his dog died, How dare he take any time away from the club ? these clowns are delusional. and then theres the feisal bashers calling him everything from a conman to a crook and yet he is pumping his own money into the club without ever any hope of getting it back.
The bloke is currently doing all he can to ensure this club has every chance of getting into SL and what does he get for it ? a load of numpties slating him. Absolute jokers

#33 PurstonJavelin

PurstonJavelin
  • Coach
  • 198 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:24 AM

Yes.

A sunny afternoon at one of Rugby League's best grounds: two teams sufficiently matched to produce a close game: thrills and excitement: some very good tries from both sides: handling and tackling throughout worthy of applause: determination, effort and courage from everyone on the field: I found it hard to grumble. Rovers look like a team which has been quite badly damaged, now being repaired, and is slowly getting better. Not long ago the players looked sick of the game, now they look to be enjoying playing for Rovers. Yes, the last 20 minutes were a bit disappointing and there's plenty to work on, but I feel more hopeful than I have for a good while. I'm looking forward to the next match.

#34 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 750 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:43 PM

Yes.

A sunny afternoon at one of Rugby League's best grounds: two teams sufficiently matched to produce a close game: thrills and excitement: some very good tries from both sides: handling and tackling throughout worthy of applause: determination, effort and courage from everyone on the field: I found it hard to grumble. Rovers look like a team which has been quite badly damaged, now being repaired, and is slowly getting better. Not long ago the players looked sick of the game, now they look to be enjoying playing for Rovers. Yes, the last 20 minutes were a bit disappointing and there's plenty to work on, but I feel more hopeful than I have for a good while. I'm looking forward to the next match.

Hopefully the right Dewsbury team will turn up and it will be a close contest. See you Sunday.

#35 rovers

rovers
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

to be honest all this player, staff & investor slating really makes me sick, especially on facebook by the usual loud mouth cretins.(we all know who they are) I have not seen these usual suspects go say it to any players faces because they dont have the balls, nor do they have any idea of playing at that kind of level. They are so dumb that they think we are entitled to win every game and if we don't there is some player to blame - this week its Crossley who is now accused by some f'wits of stealing a living. Maybe they should try getting bashed up in car crash type collisions for an hour every sunday afternoon, without pay if they lose.

Then we have Poskitt getting slaughtered because his dog died, How dare he take any time away from the club ? these clowns are delusional. and then theres the feisal bashers calling him everything from a conman to a crook and yet he is pumping his own money into the club without ever any hope of getting it back.
The bloke is currently doing all he can to ensure this club has every chance of getting into SL and what does he get for it ? a load of numpties slating him. Absolute jokers

Good post i agree 100% , the slaters and those slaging off , were they there or remember only a few years ago when we were in the bottom flight, plus what would the be saying if the money men left ??? i dare say the oposite

#36 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

I reckon half of these facebook idiots are just pot stirrers. Ignore that rubbish if everybody payed attention to the idiots then we'd have no club to support.

#37 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

Does anybody think any good will come from having 5 loan players (maybe more) from superleague clubs?

Think we are trying to force ourselves to victory. It will all end in ruin if done incorrectly.

#38 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:33 PM

I reckon half of these facebook idiots are just pot stirrers. Ignore that rubbish if everybody payed attention to the idiots then we'd have no club to support.

Don't go on it but if people stopped replying when some put something rubbish on it then they would soon go away. Anyone who wants to put money into a championship club should be welcomed with open arms I bet some who are posting it were happy when these people put free buses on for them the other week

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users