Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dreadful result!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

Not even a bonus point, losing 18 - 38 after being 6-20 down at ht and with a bonus point 7min to go!  I had really hoped that after last week's debacle (watch the highlights (for Donny, at least) sent here on another thread if you can bear it), we would be really up for this one.   Bobby appears to have been the motivator for Barrow.

All the promise of a few weeks ago.   Sadly, the wheels are off, yet we are going backwards rapidly-  what's happening, or not?

We have heard little on here or on official site, apart from players not playing to plans (?).

We rallied last season to win the right to play at this level.    We sure need some motivation at Hornets, from somewhere and fast - at this stage we should know what commitment and play is required.

A very disappointed fan.

#2 Pedro

Pedro
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

I couldn't make this match so I can't comment but an interesting comment from the Barrow site :

Also loved Bobbie's comment - "I hope the ref appreciated all the help I gave him reffing the game today"

#3 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:31 PM

You can read a full report of the game on TLCRF80mins  Hornetto's superb blog

#4 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 268 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:14 AM

Can't believe some people on here , I personally thing your having a very good season, I don't thing you would win a game all season 

Edited by jananbillingsbarmyarmy, 03 June 2014 - 04:14 AM.

#5 Larry Jones

Larry Jones
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:04 AM

Well said Janan I think Talbot and the team are doing really well.  I would presume it is the lowest budget in the competition.  You cant have a supporters co-operative and spend money the members do not have.  Barrow should never be an easy place to visit .

#6 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

With Bobby Goulding both playing, coaching and refereeing as he did against us Barrow will climb the table.   With a strong referee Goulding would not have been able to dictate the proceedings and the result could have been so different!!

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#7 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

Not getting the rub of the green at all.8-4 penalty count. We may have grabbed it  when we were 26-18 and pressing.Not  a dreadful result, disappointing yes, but thats the way it goes. Our time will come.

#8 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,123 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:14 PM

its the 1st time this season we have had the rub of the green guys. I enjoyed the game as a tense spectacle and thought you looked a very useful outfit in periods ... Ryan Millard was superb

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#9 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

I was a little surprised by the article in last Saturdays Rochdale Observer. Now I know that they are very good at getting things wrong but the reported pre match comments attributed to Crook were hard to believe.

He was quoted as saying that Sunday’s game against Barrow was not as vital as it seemed. He did not believe that it was a must win game.

Well in my book every game is important and even more so against a fellow struggler. We need every point that we can get. On Sunday at Barrow we managed to get back to a Bonus point situation and then let it slip away. That was due to a combination of poor choices in attack and the strange refereeing decisions going against us.

:( 

Edited by Big Doug, 03 June 2014 - 07:49 PM.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#10 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 489 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

Bring back Mike Floyd, I think he only does the home match report now.

C_71_article_1134201_image_list_image_li

Mikes the one in the middle.

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#11 excolt

excolt
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

Didn't we get points deducted a short time ago, perhaps we can apply for them back. We need them. ha !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users