Jump to content

TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

- - - - -

Cas Cruise To KR Victory

  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tigers News

Tigers News
  • Coach
  • 519 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:14 PM


A Luke Dorn hat-trick helped Castleford Tigers to a breath-taking 54-12 win over Hull Kingston Rovers in a pulsating game at The Mend-A-Hose Jungle on Sunday afternoon.

Castleford were in the driving seat right from the off against an ill-disciplined and out of sorts Hull, and they eventually ran in eleven tries to move within two points of the First Utility Super League summit.

The Tigers took control of the match right from the first whistle when Kirk Dixon, Craig Huby and Michael Channing pinned Kris Keating down to force the first of many goal-line drop-outs for the visitors. The resulting set saw the recalled Channing get the rout underway with an impressive finish in the corner.

It was soon 10-0 after just 10 minutes, courtesy of full-back Dorn. Weller Hauraki did well to offload under pressure which led to a Castleford penalty, and the Australian was there to capitalise and bring up his 150th try in the British game.

Castleford were well on top, and a superbly executed 40/20 from Jamie Ellis epitomised the vibrant and attractive style of Castleford's play perfectly. The advantage continued to greaten inside the opening 20 minutes, and it was Grant Millington who was rewarded for a sterling shift in defence with another try for his collection.

Dixon was then given the freedom of the town to add one of his own, before Dorn and Channing got their second tries of the day to give Castleford a comfortable 28-0 lead at half-time.

Rovers threatened a comeback after the break when Travis Burns scored after a good spell, but the home side soon reasserted their authority with a superb Ellis try after some PlayStation rugby from Hauraki and Webster.

Daryl Clark and Luke Dorn's partnership looked almost impossible to defend against, and it was those two who combined again to give Dorn his hat-trick just before the hour mark.

The Robins looked rattled and defenceless as Castleford continued to storm forward, and Michael Weyman was punished with a red card for dissent after exchanging words with referee Tim Roby, an offence he surely has not heard the last of.

Castleford could have carried on scoring all day after Weyman's early departure, but only Webster, Huby and James Clare were fortunate enough to add their names to the score sheet. Wayne Ulugia managed to pinch one for KR in the dying minutes after a good interception, but it was no consolation for Rovers who were always second best. 

Castleford: Dorn, Dixon, Channing, Shenton, Clare, Sneyd, Ellis, Lynch, Milner, Huby, Holmes, Hauraki, Millington INTERCHANGES Webster, Clark, Mariano, Wheeldon

Castleford Tries: Channing (2), Dorn (3), Millington, Dixon, Ellis, Webster, Huby, Clare

Castleford Goals: Sneyd (5/11)

Hull KR: Cockayne, Gardner, Horne, Welham, Ulugia, Burns, Keating, A.Walker, Hodgson, Weyman, Larroyer, Cox, Costigan INTERCHANGES J.Walker, Langley, Green, Lovegrove

Hull KR Tries: Burns, Ulugia

Hull KR Goals: Burns (2/2)

Attendance: 7,196

By Adam Etherington.

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users