2 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:45 PM

It's like the song from Sound of Music
"How do you solve a problem like..........?"
Another great game from Ben today, apart from under the high ball! He's worse than Monty Panesar in the outfield when fielding kicks, but he can finish when given a sniff of the line. He won't be an automatic choice, but a useful player to have on the fringes.
Andy Hay said the swap between centre and wing of Ben and Mendy was pre-planned and nothing to do with his fielding of kicks, but how much of a problem would it be to swap them around between attack on defence? Perhaps Mendy could defend on the wing and move to centre when we've got the ball?

#2 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:34 AM

i think the ball is up in the air long enough for mendi to come and claim it, but surely the answer is for Ben to work on it in training.keeping your eye on the ball will go a long way to solving the problem, if indeed it is a problem.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#3 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:11 PM

i think the ball is up in the air long enough for mendi to come and claim it, but surely the answer is for Ben to work on it in training.keeping your eye on the ball will go a long way to solving the problem, if indeed it is a problem.

Maybe so OR, but Mendy is such a natural under the high ball, and good at returning the kick, I don't see why he couldn't drop back on the final play instead of the winger?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users