Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury 48 Swinton 6 - discussion, highlights

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#201 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

Grahame Fisher looks like we best re-title Dewsbury ...... Dew bulls now you have endorsed dual reg but hey we won't hold it against you.

#202 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,077 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:01 PM

Grahame Fisher looks like we best re-title Dewsbury ...... Dew bulls now you have endorsed dual reg but hey we won't hold it against you.

We ran with full dual reg last season, but many of us still dislike it. It's a shame that we're breaking our duck for this season but the agreement will end at the end of the year, so we can see where we go from there.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#203 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

I know marshy1 still don't agree with it & I don't know why we're using it,like BSJ said it ends this year thank god & it wants scrapping all together!!!! And let's see were clubs from there!!

#204 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:36 PM

Hey Graham after originally accepting it, I can see the damage it can cause and also who really benefits so I am with you.
Sadly though unless clubs can operate a reserve side it becomes a lifeline.
Sorry about the pun re Dewsbury but couldn't resist after your Swinton Wires.
Good luck to you guys for the rest of the season, take care pal.

#205 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

We ran with full dual reg last season, but many of us still dislike it. It's a shame that we're breaking our duck for this season but the agreement will end at the end of the year, so we can see where we go from there.

I'm also agin it in principle, but if the DR is a quality player, and better than what we have, I wouldn't blame the coach for taking the option. The player in question is a real star of the future IMO, and I reckon if we can keep him for a while, he'll turn out to be more popular than O'Brien. I hope DR is abandoned next year, but I can't wait to see young Sam in a Rams shirt.

#206 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,077 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

I'm also agin it in principle, but if the DR is a quality player, and better than what we have, I wouldn't blame the coach for taking the option. The player in question is a real star of the future IMO, and I reckon if we can keep him for a while, he'll turn out to be more popular than O'Brien. I hope DR is abandoned next year, but I can't wait to see young Sam in a Rams shirt.

Even if DR doesn't end next year Bradford will be in the same division as us, so this agreement will definitely end.

I'd rather have the lad on loan, whilst understanding that the difference is minimal.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users