• 7,269 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

Hope theres no truth in this http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/27672745

#2 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,126 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:08 PM

Being discussed in the disciplinary thread Gary.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#3 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,081 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:12 AM

There was a video of it on the other forum.
Basically calls someone an f-ing cigarette (use your common sense to work out what he really said!).

Jamie Peacock also calls someone a bent c--- at some point, also on video.

Not acceptable.
Posted Image

#4 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

I am not condoning that sort of thing ,but how many times have we seen Footballers over the years do the same thing?

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#5 nathanwood7

nathanwood7
  • Coach
  • 212 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

I am not condoning that sort of thing ,but how many times have we seen Footballers over the years do the same thing?

Don't see the relevance of football? Football is about as far removed from being the benchmark for player behaviour as I can possibly imagine.

We can be rightly proud of the way our players have historically behaved, and it's up to referees to ensure that this doesn't continue to slip in future. A penalty for back chat was a regular occurrence when I was young, but seems to be increasingly rare these days as referees seem more inclined to accept backchat. The referees, taking direction from the RFL, need to lead on this and enforce the rules to ensure that mouthing off at every decision doesn't become a permanent feature of our game.

As for the particular language allegedly used by Hardaker, the mind boggles at how he could be so stupid and he should be severely punished to enforce the message that this is completely unacceptable.

#6 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

Countless times. That doesn't make it acceptable though

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#7 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

I might be wrong but it does seem that since Referees starting calling players by their first and/or nick names
that familiarity started to breed contempt.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#8 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

I might be wrong but it does seem that since Referees starting calling players by their first and/or nick names
that familiarity started to breed contempt.

Referees have always called players by their first name and I seem to recall Jim Mills giving a referee a lift to the game they were both taking part in! It does seem to have got a lot "chummier" though.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#9 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,545 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:21 PM

Tough one IMO. Whilst I definitely don't want to see players giving racial or sexist abuse etc, RL is a bloody tough game and the odd phrase might slip out. Can anyone here honestly say they have never had a scenario where insults like bender etc were used between mates? This doesn't mean you are homophobic, its just banter.

#10 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,464 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

Tough one IMO. Whilst I definitely don't want to see players giving racial or sexist abuse etc, RL is a bloody tough game and the odd phrase might slip out. Can anyone here honestly say they have never had a scenario where insults like bender etc were used between mates? This doesn't mean you are homophobic, its just banter.

You shouldn't be yelling anything at the ref.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#11 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,081 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

If I used that kind of language at work, I'd have to find a different career.

Know your audience. Being with mates is different to being on the job.
Posted Image

#12 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,545 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

If I used that kind of language at work, I'd have to find a different career.

Know your audience. Being with mates is different to being on the job.

Effectively he was with mates really though.

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

He was performing on a public stage, for which he is paid handsomely. It is his responsibility to behave properly in such circumstances or face the consequences.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#14 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,832 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

not at all mate. No way is that an excuse.

#15 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

Your tongue must be coming through the side of your mouth :-)

#16 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,545 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

All I am saying is that he wasn't in an office or something. Not that he shouldn't be taken to task over it but some perspective applied to the situation.

Edited by Johnoco, 03 June 2014 - 08:45 PM.

#17 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,081 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:46 PM

All I am saying is that he wasn't in an office or something. Not that he shouldn't be taken to task over it but some perspective applied to the situation.

The playing field is his office. I honestly don't see how his work mates being his mates makes any difference. I think it's you that's lost perspective here.
Posted Image

#18 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,545 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:13 PM

The playing field is his office. I honestly don't see how his work mates being his mates makes any difference. I think it's you that's lost perspective here.

Come off it, very few offices have other members of staff trying to knock seven bells out of each other. Things get said in the heat of the moment. Doesn't mean anything.

#19 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,867 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:35 AM

Don't see the relevance of football? Football is about as far removed from being the benchmark for player behaviour as I can possibly imagine.

We can be rightly proud of the way our players have historically behaved, and it's up to referees to ensure that this doesn't continue to slip in future. A penalty for back chat was a regular occurrence when I was young, but seems to be increasingly rare these days as referees seem more inclined to accept backchat. The referees, taking direction from the RFL, need to lead on this and enforce the rules to ensure that mouthing off at every decision doesn't become a permanent feature of our game.

As for the particular language allegedly used by Hardaker, the mind boggles at how he could be so stupid and he should be severely punished to enforce the message that this is completely unacceptable.

Countless times. That doesn't make it acceptable though

I said I am not condoning it which also means it is unacceptable.The point I am making now is that the unacceptable is now being enforced.

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#20 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,094 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:11 AM

ban him for 6 games....and peacock too

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users