Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

And just as Zak was getting his act together

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

#341 squith83

squith83
  • Players
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:46 PM

Nope.  No sanctions.  In fact, they are defending their player, according to this interview with McDermott (who gives the impression that he thinks Hardaker really didn't do anything much wrong):

http://www1.skysport..._medium=twitter

i think you are struggling with what he said and what you wanna hear. not once does he say that the lad didn't do anything wrong. 

i dont see how you or anyone else can get that impression. what else could he say?? 

im still wondering if you had the same principles as you do now when sean long and his cronnies where causing all sorts of trouble?? 

#342 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,269 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

Say very little for a start off.  McDermott has said too much.  All they needed to do was say that Hardaker accepts he was wrong to say what he did, he will serve his ban, volunteer with the Canalsiders and seek to ensure he does not use such language again in the future.  All that other stuff, and the wittering on about Leigh, really doesn't leave me with a whole lot of respect for the club.

They have dealt with it in the way they thought best.Unfortunately,not everyone can be satisfied by the response the club have given.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#343 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,808 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

i wasn't saying it was childish not to reply, i have explained why i did not reply to you if you read it properly.
i haven't INVENTED anything up. everything i say is what i truely believe,

And neither was I. Again, you've taken a point in isolation and not as a group, which was the original problem with taking my viewpoint as aggression is wrong (something I never said).
I didn't say it was childish to not reply. It was childish to not reply, invent my standpoint, and then have a pop at it to another poster without addressing my last point. Altogether.

i have tried to justify my opinion on lots of occasions, not that i believe you are trying to understand my, and many other people on here and social media, point of view.

I understand your viewpoint clearly. I just don't agree with it. Your counters to my points have been based on misunderstanding my viewpoint.

it is not that i believe you are a "keyboard warrior" at all, i was just trying to give my view on my own experiences on a rugby field. things get said and sledging happens in alot of tackles. you will know this is part of the game. my eldest boy plays u11's rugby and it happens in his age group.
i really don't understand your last comment, isn't that the best way to argue your point??

No, it is not the best way to argue your point at all. It's the same as people arguing they know what's best for kids because they have them. It's something people do to avoid having to think deeper about what they do.

sorry it took so long to get back to you, ive been really busy and not been in since this morning.

No need to apologise. We all have lives outside the forum.

Edited by Wellsy4HullFC, 11 June 2014 - 06:06 PM.

Posted Image

#344 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

homophobia like racism has no place whatsoever in  a modern civilized society 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#345 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,808 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:25 PM

homophobia like racism has no place whatsoever in a modern civilized society

It's ok though, it happens on the school yard every day. He should just get over it...
Posted Image

#346 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

It's ok though, it happens on the school yard every day. He should just get over it...

this isn't the school yard it is a professional sport .............

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#347 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,808 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

this isn't the school yard it is a professional sport .............

Whoooosh.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users