Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

We can stay up.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 491 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:52 PM

The last three matches have shown a huge improvement by the team and i now feel we can survive the dreaded drop into championship1 . We have finally started to open up play on attack . The ball is going out wide quicker . We are scoring tries again . Leatherbarrow is starting to show his distribution skills and black is finding his feet after a long spell out .  His kicking game was excellent on Sunday. The team looks to be gelling now confidence is returning we now need the missing fans who have gone missing since our Grand final appearance to return and back the team together We can climb the table.  

#2 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,440 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:43 AM

I think the word you should be using is "will", not "can". 8th or 7th should be no problem for the Dogs, even if you don't scale the dizzy heights of your last two years.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#3 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

A lot depends on the next couple of games, win them both and we can kick on if the team continue to show the effort and belief they have shown in recent weeks.

Lose them and we are really in the mix then.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#4 phildog

phildog
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

I've supported Leatherbarrow all the time, I've mentioned that before Black returned he's had Leek, Davies, Connor, Brown, in fact about 6 different stand-offs beside him and no chance to build up a working relationship. I said that once Black was back Leatherbarrow would improve and he has. I've been well suited with 2 bonus points off Eagles and Fev, just like old times eh! And a good win at Swinrington did us a world of good. Now that the confidence is trickling back I can see us winning v Hornets, Cougars and Barrow and that should put a different complexion on the state of the table. The 2nd half of the season could really turn round for us, if we can keep a steady squad and not keep switching DR's or loanees every few weeks.

#5 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 491 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

I've supported Leatherbarrow all the time, I've mentioned that before Black returned he's had Leek, Davies, Connor, Brown, in fact about 6 different stand-offs beside him and no chance to build up a working relationship. I said that once Black was back Leatherbarrow would improve and he has. I've been well suited with 2 bonus points off Eagles and Fev, just like old times eh! And a good win at Swinrington did us a world of good. Now that the confidence is trickling back I can see us winning v Hornets, Cougars and Barrow and that should put a different complexion on the state of the table. The 2nd half of the season could really turn round for us, if we can keep a steady squad and not keep switching DR's or loanees every few weeks.

Good to see Leatherbarrow firing along with black but we need to start winning games begining today with Rochdale.   

Edited by greavesy, 08 June 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,440 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

Or losing DR,s and loanees which seems to be the case this week . Duel reg is ruining the championship have heard Alex Walmsley, Josh Jones, and Percival all Saint Helens 1st teamers are lining up to face us. Rochdale may play one of our rivals next week and have none of the above.It makes a farce of the championship.  

Not to mention Charnley turning out for Workington to "regain some fitness".

I do hope that the system is scrapped next season, as is being rumoured elsewhere.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#7 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

In the end Joe Greenwood, Lewis Galbraith, Antony Walker from Saints, Stuat Littler from Leigh, and Richardson from Dews turned out.

Getting to be a joke now.

Edited by Bat Lad, 09 June 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#8 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

thats 3 dr's and 2 loanees within the rules i'm afaid

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#9 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 787 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:50 PM

In the end Joe Greenwood, Lewis Galbraith, Antony Walker from Saints, Stuat Littler from Leigh, and Richardson from Dews turned out.
Getting to be a joke now.

its not getting a joke as they'v been at rochdale all year from saints but due to injurys they'v played for saints alot and charnley/walmsley or anyone from england train on squad can't go on duel reg iv heard its in there rfl england contract

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users