TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Amnrl finally dead?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,994 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

Looks like amnrl defo keeled over with all the clubs making a last minute appeal to join the usarl http://www.usarl.com...f-this-weekend/
Apparently niu is involved in a "rugby league federation of America" with no stated aims, constitution or membership. Lots more on LU http://forums.league...=431301&page=14

Edited by jannerboyuk, 02 June 2014 - 10:20 PM.

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#2 DlEHARD

DlEHARD
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:38 AM

Like a ###### zombie that keeps coming back. Just die die die.

Let's hope the clubs unify with USARL and they are welcomed. And we can get on with it.

#3 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:34 PM

This could lead the remaining AM NRL clubs to wither and die. The USARFL should have welcomed their application and let them play a merit league competition amongst themselves for this season and enter any cup competitions if they have one.

The RLIF should sanction the USARL as the recognised body representing the USA in international competitions asap and help bury the AMNRL. They will be remembered in history as the founders of the game in the US but the inflexibility and intransigence of the CEO marginalised the organisation and the split happened and the USARL are the bigger and better organisation now.

#4 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

I'd like to see some accomodation for the AMNRL clubs that will accept it. With no chance of a competitive game for a year, the other code could make them (or at least the pick of their players) an offer.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#5 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

There was a serious compromise on the table earlier in the year of a top 8 Super League, with four from each league.  It fell from favour as both sides were not able to offer four bids of comparable quality.  It then went to accepting bids for the USARL, which was limited success.  Then finally, the AmNRL did not get their season together and it comes to this.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#6 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,891 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

Seems like only the North Virginia Eagles were able to make a deal with the USARL - http://www.novaeagles.com/

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#7 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:49 PM

NOVA were rather more timely.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

”I am all for expansion but not to start and string the teams all over the place” – stewpot01 – 11 July 2014

"2013 is on course to be one of the most disastrous in its history." - Creditwhereitsdews - 2nd January 2013

#8 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:57 AM

I would like to see the USARL accept them but into their own league for this season. Maybe even start later if they need time to organise things. Or as was mentioned above, a merit league

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#9 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

It might be a bit of making it clear who won the contest.  It ensures that any new clubs enter the USARL on the terms of the USARL, regardless of whether they coming from the AmNRL or not.

#10 Tre Cool

Tre Cool
  • Coach
  • 481 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:50 PM

This is a relief if true, the USARL are the much stronger and open organisation.

#11 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:59 AM

In fairness to the USARL, they never said no to the AMNRL clubs joining in a second tier or merit league fashion. They just weren't prepared to change their main competition around for all the AMNRL clubs 2 weeks out from kick off.

I'm sure if only another 1-2 teams defected they would have looked at trying to accommodate them but can understand how it would of thrown everything out trying to fit in the 5.

Anyway hopefully the AMNRL clubs don't fold and they join up to the USARL competition for 2015
Posted Image

#12 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 848 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:00 AM

This really is a bore … how hard is it to have one comp/one governing body etc?

#13 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,059 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

This really is a bore … how hard is it to have one comp/one governing body etc?

Well they had to have the so called SL War to sort it out in Australia.

#14 DlEHARD

DlEHARD
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

It's a proud Rugby League tradition. 

#15 sjrugby

sjrugby
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

hello everyone im new to this board and to the rugby league world. coming from union side of rugby, league is very fascinating and i hope one day to see USARL or some league expand west to california , oregon and washington. i run a rugby "blog" life love rugby and i try to toss in a little league every now and then and have been lucky enough to do a q&a with a club or two from usarl this past year and hope to do more. http://llrugby.blogspot.com/ ,  i hope and think league and union can benifit greatly in this country if they work together similar to whats happenign in florida and those union and league clubs working hand in hand.

that being said, i noticed recently on line that the iowa crash showed off there new uniforms and it said USARL on the chest, turns out they have defected from AMNRL and will join full membership next season to the USARL and according to boston 13's they will play a few pick up games this year against USARL clubs.

#16 DlEHARD

DlEHARD
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

Welcome to the forum and the sport. It's a great game with a great history and spirit. We love it and want to see as many people get an opportunity to play and support it as possible.

Edited by DlEHARD, 09 June 2014 - 03:06 PM.

#17 DlEHARD

DlEHARD
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

I'll check out your blog. Love to get more American perspective.

Edited by DlEHARD, 09 June 2014 - 03:08 PM.

#18 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:23 PM

The sooner it goes, the better. It's a failed league with no growth or development in 15 years and is holding the game back in the US. Time for the USARL to be given international membership. 

#19 sjrugby

sjrugby
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

thank you, not much league writing but i hope to pump out a writing or two every so often.

now league states side as a chance to do better then union i believe. because league is still in its infancy they can learn from the mistakes of usa rugby and even the development of soccer. let each club develop on its own yet set up guide lines via governing body. provide assistance in devoloping officals and securing top clubs to tour states side. i think the usa pioneers idea is perfect to develop players but i say let that be a club/players organization. and let USARL or something bigger handle the actual national team

#20 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

From an American perspective, do you think it's better to have teams in big cities and compete for coverage or is it better to have smaller cities like Providence and college towns where there are no 'big 4' sports teams? I presume the sponsorship is better in bigger cities like Jacksonville, Philly, NY. etc. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users