TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

New Director

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:29 AM

To back up Steve's post about some exciting moves behind the scenes I am pleased to be able to release the following news.

Attached File  Swinton Lions RLFC Appointment.doc   24.5KB   109 downloads

This will appear on the clubs website shortly.

Edited by marshy1, 03 June 2014 - 10:31 AM.

#2 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

Sounds good
It was him who picked watto as man of the match on Sunday then???!!

Keep up the good work gents

#3 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

Welcome aboard!

Wayne

#4 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

Sounds like a great step forward that will build on all the good things the Trust have done this year.
Posted Image

#5 JohnRoddy

JohnRoddy
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

Welcome aboard!

Wayne

Thanks Wayne.... John

#6 Robert McGivern

Robert McGivern
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

Great news for the club, with Johns knowledge and expertese he is exactly what we need to drive us forward off the pitch and maybe with his contacts on the pitch too?
Welcome, thank you and good luck.

#7 Shizonamy

Shizonamy
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

Can I ask how this may impact on Dr Koucash's potential investment.
"A lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man." Turkish Proverb

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:37 PM

His company sponsor Salford, I would assume it is a Koucash appointment

#9 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

Welcome on Board John. Hope to meet you Sunday

Riggy

Media Manager

#10 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

This sounds like an excellent development and is something more for Swinton fans to be positive about!.  I'm sure John Roddy will bring a great deal to our club not only with his business background but also his recent successful work at Leigh Centurians. Welcome to Swinton Lions. 

Edited by dummy scissors, 03 June 2014 - 07:27 PM.

#11 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:57 PM

His company sponsor Salford, I would assume it is a Koucash appointment

Are you new to our board as well then cos I reckon that question wasn't directed at you?

#12 JohnRoddy

JohnRoddy
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

This sounds like an excellent development and is something more for Swinton fans to be positive about!. I'm sure John Roddy will bring a great deal to our club not only with his business background but also his recent successful work at Leigh Centurians. Welcome to Swinton Lions.

#13 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

[quote name="sweaty craiq" post="2938847" timestamp="1401817044"]

His company sponsor Salford, I would assume it is a Koucash appointment[/quote
Assumptions can be a dangerous thing. I think all the substance is in the press release and I don't see Dr Koucash mentioned at any point.

#14 JohnRoddy

JohnRoddy
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

This sounds like an excellent development and is something more for Swinton fans to be positive about!. I'm sure John Roddy will bring a great deal to our club not only with his business background but also his recent successful work at Leigh Centurians. Welcome to Swinton Lions.

Thanks very much, looking forward to getting fully involved, attended the squads training session tonight and got to speak to the guys, they want what we all want and that was good to hear - lots to do but together we can achieve a great deal. PS Not seen the Doc since January at the LSV when we shared a stage together...onwards and upwards! Best wishes, John

#15 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

Thanks very much, looking forward to getting fully involved, attended the squads training session tonight and got to speak to the guys, they want what we all want and that was good to hear - lots to do but together we can achieve a great deal. PS Not seen the Doc since January at the LSV when we shared a stage together...onwards and upwards! Best wishes, John

Well you are certainly not wasting any time in getting started.  Good on you.   Any chance you will be pulling on the blue shirt and turning out for the side at North Wales on Sunday as well??

#16 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

Seriously excellent news , welcome to the club John, very well done to everyone involved in bringing this about.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#17 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:42 AM

Agree with everyone else , seems an excellent appointment.

#18 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 237 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:02 PM

It's exciting to be able to welcome a new director to the club especially one with experience and ambition, but I can't help worrying what kind of impact this will have on our plans for a new ground in Swinton. As these plans are the domain of Dr Koukash and there doesn't seem to be a link between Mr Roddy and Dr Koukash. h as the development plans for Chorley Rd come to the end of the road.I don't want to sound like a doom and gloom merchant and I really admire the amount of hard work the trust have put in to date, but without a ground in M27 all that hard work will be futile because we can't survive our current crowds are testimony to that. The question I'd like to ask Mr Roddy and the trust if Dr Koukash does or has walked away will it still be possible to return to Swinton?

#19 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

I think its good news - also nice to see John posting on this forum, so I for one am buoyed by the news..........:)

#20 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 644 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:30 PM

John joining us is a totally separate matter from Dr Koukash's reported plans for Swinton town centre. As we've tried to emphasise on a number of occasions, we can't just sit on our backsides gambling the club's existence on a situation beyond our control. Quite the opposite in fact, and we must try and build the club regardless of the Koukash plan (hence the great news of John joining us). Meanwhile although we've had friendly ongoing dialogue with the Koukash camp, the fact remains that the club has never directly received any intimation of a take-over or investment (either with or without a new ground). Naturally we desperately hope Dr Koukash achieves his town centre ambitions & that, if successful, they include a stadium for the Lions. At that point no doubt we will enter negotiations with Dr Koukash and do whatever is in the best long term interests of the club. But if Koukash's plans do not materialise then naturally we keep the club going & try to grow the business, until such a time that a new stadium is (hopefully) possible. There is no secret plan or smokescreen here, all the facts (at least as far as Swinton Lions are concerned) are already in the public domain, and as at today's date we remain open-minded with regard to the proposed Koukash stadium.

Edited by steve wild, 04 June 2014 - 09:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users