Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Another Haven import leaves.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:25 PM

They have been burned again with the PNG connection as Marabe has packed up and gone home.
Must be a costly affair for them bringing these lads over for them to jack in half way through the season.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#2 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 852 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:49 PM

Easy Voodooguru you will be on the BKM radar mate.

#3 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:13 PM

Apparently there's a reason for it that they wouldn't want published.

#4 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:35 PM

his dads bad fettle thats why his off home this was mentioned on sunday your a bit slow off the block with this un played a blinder on one leg on sunday

#5 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

Easy Voodooguru you will be on the BKM radar mate.

That site is so predictable.... 5 pages on the topic of Town getting bonus points and how bad the bonus point rule is!!! #obsessed!!!!

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

Have they still not come to terms with the bonus point rule ?

#7 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

his dads bad fettle thats why his off home this was mentioned on sunday your a bit slow off the block with this un played a blinder on one leg on sunday

I'm lead to believe there's another reason too...

#8 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

I'm lead to believe there's another reason too...

Nah thats the crack he played sunday with a knackered knee was limping but still bursting tackles was delighted when we won after the game apparently his mam died not too long ago and he,s only 27 so its right he goes home if his dads not right also said he wants to come back next season if offered a contract 

#9 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:43 PM

So nowt to do with being homesick eh donald. Yes otto 5 pages on towns BP's and two pages on their win on sunday.

#10 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

Nah thats the crack he played sunday with a knackered knee was limping but still bursting tackles was delighted when we won after the game apparently his mam died not too long ago and he,s only 27 so its right he goes home if his dads not right also said he wants to come back next season if offered a contract

That's fair doo's Donald but it shows what a costly gamble it is bringing these lads over, that is two in a row who have gone back in the middle of a season.
Let H4E get as excited as he wants because I posted a topic about Haven, no doubt he will be getting dizzy spells over Town,Wigan, bonus points etc now that Haven have won a few.
I more than happy with PV as coach and where he is taking us, so he can call him aswell if he hasn't already done so.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#11 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

That's fair doo's Donald but it shows what a costly gamble it is bringing these lads over, that is two in a row who have gone back in the middle of a season.
Let H4E get as excited as he wants because I posted a topic about Haven, no doubt he will be getting dizzy spells over Town,Wigan, bonus points etc now that Haven have won a few.
I more than happy with PV as coach and where he is taking us, so he can call him aswell if he hasn't already done so.

he calls PV coach charisma. He has even been told by haven fans on their forum he is obsessed with town's DR with wigan and yeah he can't stop on about Towns BP's. This is the man who was calling for woods head in the woods out thread but has remarkably back tracked and now wants him to stay. True to form he will start a thread on their now about this one.

#12 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,782 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

They have ripped Town to bits because we have played within the rules and picked up 7 bonus points when we have lost 9 times, whilst they have only managed that once in 6 losses.    In the next breath they are saying if we beat this team and that team and pick up a bonus point or two we should be safe.  Are these the same bonus points for losing by 12 or less or special ones?

We are halfway through the season and who is to say what will happen from here.   We could hit a winning streak of matches and others could hit a losing one, who knows?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#13 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:18 PM

he calls PV coach charisma. He has even been told by haven fans on their forum he is obsessed with town's DR with wigan and yeah he can't stop on about Towns BP's. This is the man who was calling for woods head in the woods out thread but has remarkably back tracked and now wants him to stay. True to form he will start a thread on their now about this one.

Coach charisma- really?! Ironic when they were all up in arms when we called Don Harold Bishop, or when somebody mentioned Woods' t-shirt size at the last Derby.
I wonder if a bloke that seems to spend a great deal of time trawling and posting on fans forums is more charismatic himself than PV?
I'll bet Phil is gutted with that killer nick name.......

#14 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,411 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

Coach charisma- really?! Ironic when they were all up in arms when we called Don Harold Bishop, or when somebody mentioned Woods' t-shirt size at the last Derby.
I wonder if a bloke that seems to spend a great deal of time trawling and posting on fans forums is more charismatic himself than PV?
I'll bet Phil is gutted with that killer nick name.......

h4e is something similar to a plank of wood. Monotone dosent begin to cover it.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

They called Wayne Bennett something similar in Oz ... Does a great coach need a stand up routine? If that's the best you can come up with then it's time to get yer coat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users