Just announced

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,177 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:45 AM

Sydney Roosters have a bye that week.  McNamara is the assistant coach there.  I would imagine that week was the only one he was allowed a break from his day job to come over here.  I would also imagine Wigan and Widnes will have known from the outset when Roosters had a bye (since it would have been timetabled in) so who is to say where the responsibility for the scheduling lies?

I think the word you are scratching around for is leadership. I'm sure many of us have worked in organisations when we know exactly when we can (and can't) book holidays and days off and which areas are off limits etc.

#22 gavin7094

gavin7094
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:15 AM

Not for me,just a plodder,if he played for Wakey or HKR he would'nt get in

He's far, far more than a 'plodder'. He's got great footwork, good evasive skills, can pass, is very tough and strong and is an excellent decision maker.

It's a wonder Leeds have won a game for the last 8 years with the number of very average players that people seem to think they have (Ablett, Sinfield, Jones-Buchanan, Bailey etc.)

#23 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

He's far, far more than a 'plodder'. He's got great footwork, good evasive skills, can pass, is very tough and strong and is an excellent decision maker.

It's a wonder Leeds have won a game for the last 8 years with the number of very average players that people seem to think they have (Ablett, Sinfield, Jones-Buchanan, Bailey etc.)

He does have a point about the Wakey and K R thing as Danny Kirmond hasn't been included, I believe that it is purely down to the club he plays for and nothing else if he played for Leeds or Wigan he would be starting in at second row.

They have many average players, but over the last 8 years they have had players like Jamie Peacock, Keith Senior, Danny McGuire, Kallum Watkins, Ryan Hall, Danny Buderus, Kylie Leuleuai, Brent Webb (he was good in his prime) , Greg Eastwood, Zak Hardaker the list goes on and on of quality players over the years.

#24 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

He does have a point about the Wakey and K R thing as Danny Kirmond hasn't been included, I believe that it is purely down to the club he plays for and nothing else if he played for Leeds or Wigan he would be starting in at second row.

Given that all of a sudden Kyle Amor has been included in the train on squad when his form since being at Saints has been no better than it was at Wakefield, I'd be inclined to agree with you.

#25 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

Given that all of a sudden Kyle Amor has been included in the train on squad when his form since being at Saints has been no better than it was at Wakefield, I'd be inclined to agree with you.

It's a sad reality and one of the many flaws McNamara has in his squad selection process.

Kirmond will be 31/32 around the 2017 RL WC so it will be his last time to play in a world cup. He will probably have to leave Wakefield who he has been exceptionally loyal to if he wants to play for England. Stuff like this isn't going to help the competition balance when players have to play for a top half club to get selected even though they get in the dream team, tipped for man of steel and win a lot of his clubs end of year awards.

#26 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

Just as in the World Cup the weak link in the England camp is the coach

Clueless, inept, out of his depth and completely vacillating when it comes to picking a team

#27 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

Just as in the World Cup the weak link in the England camp is the coach

Clueless, inept, out of his depth and completely vacillating when it comes to picking a team

Agree, he's a muppet. Should have got rid after last WC. He won't pick Brough, Hock has refused to play again for England until he goes, we lost to Italy, he's been an embarresment in front of the media .......... the list goes on,
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#28 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:29 PM

Hock has refused to play again for England until he goes,

That is a reason to keep McNamara

#29 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

Fresh legs people, England need fresh legs.

Did anyone see Sean O'Loughlin last night and Kevin Sinfield the night before ?

They are gone, absolutely legless.

It is time to get the younger talents like Westerman in and see what they can do.

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#30 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

Disappointing. No Sneyd is a joke and it's a shame to see players who have done nothing get picked and we're still heavily reliant on the old guard who won't be around in 2017. 

#31 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

I don't get why Sinfield gets selected. Apart from the Grand Final in 2012 has he actually been outstanding at club level?

I just don't get how you can leave out Sneyd.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users