TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Bradford's appeal - What will happen?

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

Poll: Bradford's Appeal (33 member(s) have cast votes)

What will be the result of Bradford's appeal against points deduction?

1. No change (stay at 6pt deduction) (15 votes [45.45%])

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. Get 2 points back (4pt deduction) (14 votes [42.42%])

Percentage of vote: 42.42%

3. Get 4 points back (2pt deduction) (2 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

4. Get all 6 points back (2 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

No slanging matches please. Just an opinion on whether Bradford will be given a lifeline with some points returned on appeal? I think they may get a couple of points back - leaving them on 4pts going into the last dozen games. Just my view. I have no axe to grind or preference either way.

#2 brooza

brooza
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:01 PM

I hope they get none back, if only to give London at least a vague chance of no finishing bottom...

Maybe another 10 points deducted should do it. And some from Wakefield for good measure! :laugh:

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#3 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

I'd be interested to know why people believe they will get any back - I haven't voted becasue I genuinely have no clue and, unless you're inviolved in this specifically I don't know how anybdy else can have a clue either

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#4 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

I'd be interested to know why people believe they will get any back - I haven't voted becasue I genuinely have no clue and, unless you're inviolved in this specifically I don't know how anybdy else can have a clue either

Only reason is that I believe clubs have had 4 point deductions (maybe on appeal) instead of 6 in the recent past.

#5 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,518 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

Personally I don't think we will get any points back at all. But then I don't know that much about it really. There could be more to it than it seems.
I'm prepared to get none back and get relegated put it that way.

#6 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

if they gat any points back it will be a disgrace and prove once and for all that the rfl will do anything to keep them up 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#7 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

If the RFL were that desperate to keep Bradford up they wouldn't have deducted any points in the first place...!
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#8 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

Shouldn't get the points back, that's my opinion!!

Will they, no.

#9 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

If the RFL were that desperate to keep Bradford up they wouldn't have deducted any points in the first place...!

Rules is rules and justice needed to be seen to be done and it was seen to have been done.

Now the smoke has cleared on that and the furore died down because they were actually deducted the points, a quiet appeal and re instatement of the points based  on a contorted interpretation of these same rules and hey presto, Bradford have their points back and the RFL have a manufactured reason for giving them back to assuage their critics.

The Ways and Means Act is alive and well and filed at Red Hall.

#10 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,753 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

Threre is a difference between whether  people believe they will get any change in sentence and whether they want them to get any such change.

I believe that the basis of the appeal in with regard to due process, which is highly technical and not understood by most of us, including me. This means that any reduction would undoubtedly result in a furore amongst fans yet might be absolutely correct according to the quasi-legal process that effected the initial sentence.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#11 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:56 PM

Now the smoke has cleared on that and the furore died down because they were actually deducted the points, a quiet appeal and re instatement of the points based on a contorted interpretation of these same rules and hey presto, Bradford have their points back and the RFL have a manufactured reason for giving them back to assuage their critics.

The furore has "died down"? OK then..! :)

If people genuinely believe that there is no arguing against it, the RFL can't win either way. It's sad.

Edited by Amber Avenger, 03 June 2014 - 06:58 PM.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

#12 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

The furore has "died down"? OK then..! :)

Yes indeed. Everything is on hold until the result of the appeal is known. The furore might then reignite depending on the decision but then the RFL will have their get out of gaol card to justify giving Bradford back the points.

#13 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

Yes indeed. Everything is on hold until the result of the appeal is known. The furore might then reignite depending on the decision but then the RFL will have their get out of gaol card to justify giving Bradford back the points.

Ok then... :)
SQL Honours

#14 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

if they gat any points back it will be a disgrace and prove once and for all that the rfl will do anything to keep them up

It's an independent panel, so it will be nothing to do with the RFL. Is that hard to understand?

Logic dictates it will either be all six back or none at all, depending on whether the reason for the appeal is valid or not.

Personally though, I think it will be two back, to put Bradford in line with other clubs who have done this. I'd like it to be six (obviously, but not just because they're my club) because this season of all seasons should be settled on the pitch.

I know there are rules and if there weren't the situation could be abused, but I'm not comfortable with the idea of punishing a 'new' club for the sins of a previous incarnation.
People called Romans they go the house

#15 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

It's an independent panel, so it will be nothing to do with the RFL. Is that hard to understand?

When people say the RFL is bending everything which way to keep Bradford up, actual facts are irrelevant. People like that will believe what they want. Like I say, nobody wins in this.
SQL Honours

#16 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

When people say the RFL is bending everything which way to keep Bradford up, actual facts are irrelevant. People like that will believe what they want. Like I say, nobody wins in this.

People believe what they want, you can't change that.... That's life.

This have nothing to do with the RFL as you say.

Bull fans are the only losers in any of this.

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 03 June 2014 - 07:39 PM.

#17 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

Bulls fans have lost out, as has the wider game (perhaps the clubs who voted to take Bradford's funding need to look at themselves), but we shouldn't forget that the real losers are the creditors (admittedly mostly from the previous admin as the main one this time now owns the club).

Particularly small businesses who were owed money.
People called Romans they go the house

#18 WakefieldCityLoyal

WakefieldCityLoyal
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:01 PM

Independent panel, who is this independent panel? Rumour at odsal on Sunday was that the players had been told they were getting 4 points back. Can't believe it been true but we are talking the RFL here.

#19 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:25 PM

If the punishment was based on an unsucsessfull bid then they should revert back to the situation before the ruling and re-judge based on the new landscape. ....

that aside I think they will get four back

a) to appease bradford
B) to not put them back on the same points as wakey to lessen the fallout with them
c) to increase jeaopody in the relefation battle
D) a token 2 point deduction to appease those who think bradford should have a points deduction

FWIW they were probably expecting an appeal in the first instance and therefore gave a harsh penalty knowing an independent panel would judge an appeal,

1) to hide behind the final points deduction decision as not being theirs
2) to appease member clubs that if it were up to them they would have deducted 6
3) to take credit either way

#20 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:42 PM

Independent panel, who is this independent panel? Rumour at odsal on Sunday was that the players had been told they were getting 4 points back. Can't believe it been true but we are talking the RFL here.

Yeah, totally believable. I mean the players weren't told if they were getting paid some months in the past year and a half, or if they would turn up to work the next day with a job to do at all, and finding out news about the club from the paper scandalously often, but it makes sense the first thing they would do in this instance is tell the players the result of a hearing scheduled to start 3 days in the future.

Edited by Amber Avenger, 03 June 2014 - 10:43 PM.

SQL Honours

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users