Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rochdale predictions

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

Massive 6 pointer this, could be well clear of the bottom 5 with a win or back in it if other results go against us and we lose.

I think we'll sneak a tight one 24-16 (i know, me being optimistic, i can hear the jaws dropping all over town!)

Thoughts?

Edited by buford t justice, 03 June 2014 - 05:06 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#2 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,415 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

Am still receiving counselling for the defeats at Rochdale and at home to Whitehaven so will be delighted with a win of any kind!

#3 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:27 PM

BIG win for the dogs running riot 42 - 6

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#4 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,977 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

If you can't beat Rochdale at home then you do have problems.

Easy win for the Dogs by 20.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#5 cally

cally
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:31 AM

think we will win most pleasing aspect for me would be to get back to our meanest defence and restrict them to 12 points or less.

#6 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 395 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:18 AM

We must win this one butRochdale have some talented players in their ranks i noticed Josh Jones & Mark Percival of St. Helens played last week for them at Barrow , Millard is very good and Littler on loan from Leigh can still do a bit . So for me another tight game with a 26 - 18 win for the boys we are improving as a team and am hoping Applegarth plays to bottle up the middle and Keegan & maybe Scott to also come in to give us a massive pack. I would rest Smith i think the Rochdale defence would struggle to contain Keegan, Rowe , Mulally if we have him , and Gledhill . Black and Leatherbarrow would have a field day playing off their forward momentum. 2nd half of the season now and i think 6 wins out of 13 + bonus points will maybe sneak us in to the play offs at 8 th spot.

#7 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 742 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

Just got be calm and collective when we make the breaks and it will come! Dogs by 14

#8 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 802 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

i doubt it will be a easy win or even a big win likes been said above, close call but if we put the same effort in as last week that will do me fine, or playmakers look to be growing in confidence and even nicco made a few little darting runs and plenty of yards, if we can play some simple move that bring points near the line we have cracked it rather than 100 mph stuff that goes to ground, our forwards should have a blinding game and stop rochdale getting on a roll like last game. i will go dogs win 22-18. crowd 670, mom gledders.

#9 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:05 PM

Can't go as far as the 42 mentioned above, but I think we'll win well enough to stop them getting a BP. Is Scott fit again, and what happened to Alex Brown, is he still with us, been missing a game or two.

#10 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:30 PM

We'll have all on to win tomorrow. Especially as Alex Walmsley is going to be lining up against us.

Posted Image

#11 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:05 AM

We'll have all on to win tomorrow. Especially as Alex Walmsley is going to be lining up against us.

The dual reg is an utter joke.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#12 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:37 AM

Walmsley's not that good ;)

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#13 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

No Walmsley in the Rochdale line up.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#14 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:29 PM

although losing 16-6 and playing absolute ###### its just as well he isn't....

this is dreadful.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#15 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

If you can't beat Rochdale at home then you do have problems.

prophetic words BSJ?

#16 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:49 PM

22-16 up at half time and playing down the slope in the second. Here's hoping we can kick on for the win!

#17 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

34-16 and looking good

#18 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

i should keep my mouth shut......

:jester:

#19 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 02:34 PM

44-28 4 mins to go

#20 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:32 PM

Well we won and at times played scintillating rugby. But JK will not be pleased with the errors at the start and after we had the game sewn up in the second half why did we start doing stupid things? Twice offloading in our half when it was virtually impossible for the ball to reach our player (Rowe and Black who both should know better). And Griffin seemed as if he had joined the Harlem Globetrotters! Just how many sets did we complete in the second half? I bet they can be counted on one hand!

When we kept our heads and played as we can then the match was always going to be ours but we do make it hard for ourselves. Plus a big up for Keegan, a try well deserved for the effort he put in today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users