Just when you thought it was safe

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

: 08 Jun KO:15:00 Championship Rd: 14 Barrow Raiders v Doncaster RLFC Craven ParkRef: G Hewer Vid Ref: - Touch J: A Fazackerley In Goal: - Touch J: A Smith In Goal: - Reserve: C Etchells Time K: - M Com: C Hodgson

#2 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:45 PM

Don't understand all the fuss about referees, anybody can have an off day but they aren't the ones who miss tackles and drop balls. Don't give them any reason to award penalties, simple as.

#3 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

Don't understand all the fuss about referees, anybody can have an off day but they aren't the ones who miss tackles and drop balls. Don't give them any reason to award penalties, simple as.

With most refs I agree but if you have watched Gareth Hewer ref you would understand my post!

#4 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

I've seen him ref a lot of times and I don't think he's any worse than other refs. Barrows problem the last couple of years is their discipline has been shocking at times and that is when referees get noticed because they quite rightly penalise people.

#5 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

I know I'm biased towards Barrow but on Sunday Rochdale seemed to me running offside all game and repeatedly lying on in the tackle.

Posted Image

#6 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,980 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:41 PM

I know I'm biased towards Barrow but on Sunday Rochdale seemed to me running offside all game and repeatedly lying on in the tackle.

I thought the ref was very good on sunday IMO. One of the best we have had this season, felt he was consistent with his decisions and got nearly everything right which is all you can ask for.

The only time I've been actually annoyed with Hewer was when we were beaten 22-36 at home last year to Leigh. It was close but he actually gave them the game by constantly blowing us for lying on when Leigh had done the same thing literally all the first half.

#7 liam12

liam12
  • Twitter
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:41 PM

Seems to be a common thing with a lot of barrow supporters that all the refs have some sort of grudge against us. Like has been said don't give them reason to blow up

#8 Walney Bill

Walney Bill
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:28 AM

I can't comment on the full game as I am away working and wasn't there but from the 10 minute video on line with the Evening mail, I would say the honours looked fairly even for not penalising for offside etc.

Just look at the KO, 2 or 3 were offside, the ref was directly inline and never called it so I would say he probably let as many slide for both sides.

Just my views of a 10 min video.

#9 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:34 PM

Fair comment Walney Bill. It did keep the game moving and it was a cracking game.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users