SWINTON V ROCHDALE

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 445 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

What was that kit your lads were wearing last night - that was really horrible.  Apart from a spell early in the second half Swinton were the better team and without setting the world alight were deserved winners.  Even though there weren't many there both sets of fans created a reasonable atmosphere and showed real support for their team.   

The away kit has the names of all our members on it, gold, silver, and bronze.Its a one off to promote membership.

Well done on the win,onwards and upwards for both of us. The fat lady not singing just yet.

#22 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

Quote "What was that kit your lads were wearing last night"

The kit looks as though we are going to play hockey and we played as though we were playing hockey.

I just hate that kit.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#23 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

They would still have won with their hands tied. We were dire.
Something is very wrong at the moment. We have no players in the influencial positions.
We play the same set moves time and time again without making any penetration.
Swinton were poor but we were much worse.

You lost and so have a dig at the crowd and have a dig at Swinton
Magnanimity at its typical rugby league best

Harsh.....but fair.

Neither team shone, but Swinton were the better team, unfortunately.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#24 owfener

owfener
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

We had no option regarding the move to Friday night, the RL fixtures dictated that when they threw up both Swinton and Leigh at home on the same weekend.
Sadly at the moment playing out of town has been the norm for the last 20 odd years and trust me one which every Swinton fan has had to endure, but not enjoy.

I know the situation regarding Swinton having to play at Leigh marshy and have had many contacts with the club in the past That's not the point. It's lack of interest generally and Hornets' performance that Dave was having a go at, not Swinton.

I'm sorry if I upset you Mark. Seriously, your comments weren't worth such a retort.....or anything else, come to think about it. 

#25 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:13 PM

I know the situation regarding Swinton having to play at Leigh marshy and have had many contacts with the club in the past That's not the point. It's lack of interest generally and Hornets' performance that Dave was having a go at, not Swinton.

I'm sorry if I upset you Mark. Seriously, your comments weren't worth such a retort.....or anything else, come to think about it.

No problem. Thank you

#26 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

Don't forget Friday night's game was directly competing with the massive World Cup game Holland v Spain live on steam television. Lot's of people follow both codes.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces, 15 June 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#27 owfener

owfener
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

Don't forget Friday night's game was directly competing with the massive World Cup game Holland v Spain live on steam television. Lot's of people follow both codes.

Wouldn't have thought of that...Wigan v Cas was on Sky, afterall.

#28 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

You remind me of a bloke I used to know. In the old days the RL final was always the Saturday following the football final. I'd watched the football final and just dropped into my local for a pint. A bloke I knew was propping up the bar, he was a die hard League fan. I said " Did you see the final today , Harry ? "

Quick as a flash he replied " It's not while next week ".

#29 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

430 must be considered reasonable I would have thought, with................

Two sadly out of form teams on show, and................

The soccer on mainstream telly, and..............

The Pies v Cas "replay" on Sky.

I said during the day that "There'll be no more than 350 there."

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#30 Larry Jones

Larry Jones
  • Players
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:14 PM

Good god Spelly you love rugby and you love your club.  I never thought I would hear 430 for a Swinton game considered good.  I hope you get your ground back in your Borough one day I really do.

#31 owfener

owfener
  • Players
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

We should all have a celebratory pint in the 'borough' when that comes off.

Good god Spelly you love rugby and you love your club.  I never thought I would hear 430 for a Swinton game considered good.  I hope you get your ground back in your Borough one day I really do.

A celebratory pint on Station Road in the 'borough' with all the Swinton fans when that comes off

#32 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 792 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

We should all have a celebratory pint in the 'borough' when that comes off.

A celebratory pint on Station Road in the 'borough' with all the Swinton fans when that comes off

With Spelly buying the round.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users