Ben Blackmore

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 949 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

Just been announced at Featherstone that they have signed Ben Blackmore for an undisclosed sum on a 3yr Deal with immediate effect. See link below

http://www.featherst...le.php?id=13040

Thank you Ben for your efforts whilst at the Bulldogs, and once again proves that even in the not so ''successful times'', you can come to Batley and still progress.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#2 Jason Basin

Jason Basin
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

Just been announced at Featherstone that they have signed Ben Blackmore for an undisclosed sum on a 3yr Deal with immediate effect. See link below

Thank you Ben for your efforts whilst at the Bulldogs, and once again proves that even in the not so ''successful times'', you can come to Batley and still progress... to one of our championship rivals.

#3 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 949 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:13 PM

Thank you Ben for your efforts whilst at the Bulldogs, and once again proves that even in the not so ''successful times'', you can come to Batley and still progress... to one of our championship rivals.

I get your point Jason, but how many teams ''in our division'' can compete with a 3yr Full Time Deal, I call that progressing, cos personally that is a progression for the player. And of course he technically wasn't our player so we could do nothing in comparison.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#4 Jason Basin

Jason Basin
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

fair enough. only teasing.

looks good going forward but doesn't seem that confident defensively to me. time will tell. he's no jonny campbell, that's for sure.

#5 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:30 PM

I think it is time now for the rugby league Salary cap investigators to step in and examine Featherstone rovers spending on players this season they are buying everybody . They must have 40 players now and still adding has the cap been abolished ?. Good luck to Blackmore a three year contract in these times is not to be turned down especially now they are going full time. What happens now every time a player does well against them do they sign him. If they are acting within the cap good luck to them but if not i truly hope the powers that be come down heavily on Featherstone Rovers. :angry:

#6 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 996 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

get used to it,and its nothing new to be fair having any player who looks half decent to be cherry picked by fev, why not simply credit fev for getting the funds/sponsers and fans in to be able to grab these players while we end up with the crumbs,am sure dews would a loved to have kept bozzy and finny crossley same as us with flanny and wally and brownie but ££$£££ will always talk, i think blackmore will do very well for fev next season as he is very powerfull in attack and his tackles will only grow with hard gametime, shame he was;nt our player or we might a got a p/x off fev :pickeat: :bb:

#7 Jason Basin

Jason Basin
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

finn, bostock, crossley, hirst, lockwood, england, spears, flanagan, moore, walmsley, nicholson - all to fev via dewsbury and batley!!

#8 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

Good luck to Blackmore, been our best winger this season so its a shame to lose him.

Agree with Greavesey, surely now is the time for the RFL to step in and look at their finances, the new owner clearly isnt interested in sticking to any salary cap.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#9 john79

john79
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

Is it not time we scrap DR most of the players have gone else where and we lose Blackmore to fev we need to get a spine and say enough is enough

#10 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

Is it not time we scrap DR most of the players have gone else where and we lose Blackmore to fev we need to get a spine and say enough is enough

Totally agree John79 been saying the same thing since it was first introduced. The super league clubs wanted more money to spend on overpriced Aussies or paying their so called stars more so they scrapped a entire level of developing young players. The folly of that is shown in the comings and goings of players to the championship clubs week in week out. We had a great and viable competition which i feel is being demeaned . There is more money from sky now so why not insist that the super duper league clubs spend a portion of this money on another level of development and bring back the reserve teams for our clubs with help from the RFL with funding. As thing stand at the moment it,s a farce.

#11 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

Who's going to play on the wing?

#12 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:57 PM

Suppose we will have to move Patterson there and either Bretherton, Chandler or Charlie Martin into the centres.

A shame as Blackamore has been great for us, but he was a contractual employee of the Giants so they are entitled to do whatever they like when it comes to him.

As several have said, it's just more evidence that the DR system doesn't work.

#13 john79

john79
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

I think the same it won't long before the small club's fold

#14 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

I think it is time now for the rugby league Salary cap investigators to step in and examine Featherstone rovers spending on players this season they are buying everybody . They must have 40 players now and still adding has the cap been abolished ?. Good luck to Blackmore a three year contract in these times is not to be turned down especially now they are going full time. What happens now every time a player does well against them do they sign him. If they are acting within the cap good luck to them but if not i truly hope the powers that be come down heavily on Featherstone Rovers. :angry:

As someone has said i think that is player NO. 41 for Featherstone they have a team and 24 players on the bench and still signing anything goes in the Quest for the title as their chairman stated we will win every remaining fixture this season he didnt tell us that he was buying all the players to do it !!!.

Edited by greavesy, 04 June 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#15 Mark B

Mark B
  • Coach
  • 2,218 posts

[quote name="Lone Drinker" post="2939401" timestamp="1401904414"]

Who's going to play on the wing?[/quote

Alex brown and Finnigan
Posted Image

#16 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 555 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

Rather depressing news

#17 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

As someone has said i think that is player NO. 41 for Featherstone they have a team and 24 players on the bench and still signing anything goes in the Quest for the title as their chairman stated we will win every remaining fixture this season he didnt tell us that he was buying all the players to do it !!!.

I've heard that there are quite a few semi-professional players at a rival club who are 'supplementing' their rugby wage with amazingly high-paying jobs at the cutting edge of landscape gardening. That landscape being a club officials garden, of course. If KN had millions, he could pay Greg Inglis £500'000 a year to type up his court minutes and run to the shop to buy him a copy of Razzle when the jury retire to make their verdict.

Posted Image

#18 POR

POR
  • Coach
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

Regarding salary cap at fev because we had a turnover of£1.5 million for past two years a month into this new season the RFL increased our cap to 400 k

#19 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:13 PM

Good luck to Blackmore, been our best winger this season so its a shame to lose him.

Agree with Greavesey, surely now is the time for the RFL to step in and look at their finances, the new owner clearly isnt interested in sticking to any salary cap.

What are the salary cap rules and how do you suspect that they have broken them BTJ?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#20 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

Totally agree John79 been saying the same thing since it was first introduced. The super league clubs wanted more money to spend on overpriced Aussies or paying their so called stars more so they scrapped a entire level of developing young players. The folly of that is shown in the comings and goings of players to the championship clubs week in week out. We had a great and viable competition which i feel is being demeaned . There is more money from sky now so why not insist that the super duper league clubs spend a portion of this money on another level of development and bring back the reserve teams for our clubs with help from the RFL with funding. As thing stand at the moment it,s a farce.

Much as I might agree with the sentiment Greavesy how do you possibly imagine that the Championship clubs could "insist" that they spend their money in any particular way?

I'm afraid that boat sailed many years ago.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users