Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Ben Blackmore

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

Who's going to play on the wing?

Alex Brown.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#22 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:47 PM

What are the salary cap rules and how do you suspect that they have broken them BTJ?

Well for starters the cap is currently £300k, and im almost certain not many of the Featherstone squad of 50 or so are on match terms, so they must be paying over the cap even if they only earn basic guaranteed money, and some of the big names there wont be playing for peanuts.

If they are not then they must have a very crafty accountant.

Edited by buford t justice, 04 June 2014 - 08:50 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#23 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

Much as I might agree with the sentiment Greavesy how do you possibly imagine that the Championship clubs could "insist" that they spend their money in any particular way?

I'm afraid that boat sailed many years ago.

Am not suggesting the championship clubs insist on anything BSJ  but the RFL bring back some sanity to the present chaos that is happening at the present time.

#24 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

Have heard tonight of further depressing news regarding Griffin hope there is no truth in it i cannot imagine how bad our threequarters will be if true.

#25 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

No-one but ourselves to blame. We opted to fill out our squad with players who weren't ours in order to cut costs - an absolutely suicidal move given the importance of this season. When you factor in the ridiculous error of judgement made around the re-signings of Faal and Campbell, things look even more incredulous.

Posted Image

#26 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:48 PM

Alex Brown.

I'd forgotten about Alex. He'll do for me. ;)

#27 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:49 PM

Have heard tonight of further depressing news regarding Griffin hope there is no truth in it i cannot imagine how bad our threequarters will be if true.

You tease.

#28 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:38 PM

Well for starters the cap is currently £300k, and im almost certain not many of the Featherstone squad of 50 or so are on match terms, so they must be paying over the cap even if they only earn basic guaranteed money, and some of the big names there wont be playing for peanuts.

If they are not then they must have a very crafty accountant.

Fevs cap isnt 300k - its 400k as we were able to prove to the RFL we were able to generate over £1 million turnover

#29 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:06 AM

Fevs cap isnt 300k - its 400k as we were able to prove to the RFL we were able to generate over £1 million turnover

Yeah, 'generate' over a £1 million turnover thanks to a 'donation' of around £1 million from your benefactor.

Posted Image

#30 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:15 AM

Yeah, 'generate' over a £1 million turnover thanks to a 'donation' of around £1 million from your benefactor.

I would have thought donations were exempt from turnover too, as businesses cant rely on them as regular income.

There is going to be one hell of a mess to clean up in Featherstone when this all goes belly up.

#31 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:27 AM

Believe its Salfords Darrel Griffin theyve signed.

#32 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:45 AM

Don't let's forget Ayden Faal is available for selection for the Keighley game.

#33 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

Don't let's forget Ayden Faal is available for selection for the Keighley game.

Wow - The saviour cometh!

In all seriousness, didnt rate him at all last season if im honest, so hope he's improved his game during his time off.

Its another bit of paper over our three quarter cracks if Griffin follows Blackmore out of the door i suppose.

#34 bromleybulldog

bromleybulldog
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:39 AM

Thought Faal had a reduced six month ban which would take him to the middle of August?

#35 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

Hearing Hirst has signed for Halifax. Another blow.

#36 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,096 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

The elephant in the room is crowds of 600

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#37 phildog

phildog
  • 302 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

Come on KN, please tell us what is actually happening, we've just got back into the game over the last 3 games. 2 usual close shaves against top teams and a good win, yet we're still hearing rumours and second hand information. Just what is the current situation with regard to our DR farce and in and out loans.

#38 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:50 AM

Re Faal - that was from the horses mouth.

Don't know why people are getting all het up re the DR system.  At the beginning of the season JK said he would be using the players who were signed for Batley and WHEN NECESSARY would bring in a DR from Huddersfield.  Obviously the squad was depleted immediately by the bans for JC and Faal, but that was overcome by bringing in Blackmore as a replacement for JC. Initially others were tried in the centre and then Griffin became available on, I understand, him refusing to sign to Batley fully but happy to play on a week by week basis thus putting himself in the shop window. The rumours indicate that he may have been successful in this otherwise, presumably, he will remain at Batley till the end of the season.  Alex Brown has also been brought in to cover the absence of JC from the squad and now, due to Blackmore being told by Giants he will not be offered a contract for next season and being offered a VERY GOOD deal by Fev, makes up the two wingers in the squad.

JK must have felt that Brannan wasn't performing up to the required standard, possibly due to fitness which in turn maybe because of lack of playing time, so has loaned him to York to get matchtime at the same time bringing in Keegan to cover with Fev's permission.  If another team offer Fev a bigger deal to take Keegan what should Batley do?  Get involved in an auction which would end up giving Fev even more money to buy more players?  And if they got into an auction, who do people think would end up with the prize?  As mentioned above - gates of 600 make life very difficult.

#39 Zuehb Zaki

Zuehb Zaki
  • Players
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

Come on KN, please tell us what is actually happening, we've just got back into the game over the last 3 games. 2 usual close shaves against top teams and a good win, yet we're still hearing rumours and second hand information. Just what is the current situation with regard to our DR farce and in and out loans.

Why does one think the Chairman of any business is obliged to make public statements regarding any decision taken in the running of same. The Chairman is a title and the business is run by the ceo so if you are genuinely interested in how the club is run ask Iro and for ins and outs ask John. This morning a simple telephone call suggested Faal is back in training and doing very well. Hurst has signed for Halifax despite Dewsbury wishing to sign him, Griffin is training with Salford and will be gone if they sign him.

I personally think the club have not been treated nicely by the Giants but there are other clubs available for dual reg including Catalan Dragons. The real evil in all this are agents and part time players who have no loyalty whatsoever, After agents fees the players are only slightly better off and loose the adulation given to Lythes Scotty and many others. So give Iro a ring or speak to him or the players involved at the game Sunday.

Kev usually Speaks at the shareholders meeting so you could ask him then. Fred  also  spends many hours at the club do pm him

گر اور ہمیشہ کے لئے ہو جائے گا سے زیادہ طاقتور

#40 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

I would have thought donations were exempt from turnover too, as businesses cant rely on them as regular income.

There is going to be one hell of a mess to clean up in Featherstone when this all goes belly up.

your wasted on the terraces BTJ you really are....you should be heading up the new RFL department of investigation - the 'IFRSCB' (Investigate Featherstone Rovers salary cap breach), considering you know so much about all the players contracts, payments and rumours.
You could go undercover as an office cleaner at PO Road and have a rustle through the filing cabinets and report your findings back to blake solly & co.
ps; we have a £400k salary cap due to turnover - I thought someone with your knowledge would have known that and we dont quite have 50 players (yet) old cocka lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users