Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Ben Blackmore

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

My personal view, is only play folk who want to be Batley. We  managed to have the majority have this mindset and  were much more prepared to put up with constant relegation fears. Huddersfield are not very wealthy and need money wherever they can get it.

There is one thing posters on here seem to forget and that is the medical aid Batley players receive for their problems. All will turn out right in the end. Remember last season when we wanted the club to get rid of the players who were not trying and play local amateurs. John worked through that and we qualified for the playoffs. Come the next few weeks players will signed who want to play for Batley

Hi mate hope your feeling good and getting better and yes players who wear the Batley shirt with pride will always do the job and yes John Kear, Kevin etc. will pull us through starting Sunday.

Edited by greavesy, 06 June 2014 - 06:07 PM.

#62 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:07 PM

Becareful what you wish for..because without Fev to bolster championship attendances up the division would look very bleak indeed; That's not arrogance its a fact;

It's certainly good for the game as a whole to have clubs that are going places and generating a bit of interest and publicity. What is a shame is that Rovers used to be a tremendous role model for other small town clubs by the way that they developed their own talent. Through no fault of their own; I guess they can no longer pick up young lads of the quality that made them a force to be reckoned with in their pomp and hence they have to resort to out-bidding the other Championship clubs for the what talent is available. The SL clubs hoover most of the more promising young uns, and discard them just as readily if they seem not to make the grade.

#63 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,491 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

Becareful what you wish for..because without Fev to bolster championship attendances up the division would look very bleak indeed; That's not arrogance its a fact;

Compared to Bradford or even Wakefield there will not be much difference (1100 at the last Batley/Fev match) 

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013" 

"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#64 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,660 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

Just been announced at Featherstone that they have signed Ben Blackmore for an undisclosed sum on a 3yr Deal with immediate effect. See link below

http://www.featherst...le.php?id=13040

Thank you Ben for your efforts whilst at the Bulldogs, and once again proves that even in the not so ''successful times'', you can come to Batley and still progress.

I wish you could have kept him for just one week longer though!

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#65 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

Next year the salary cap will increase to 900 000 for the championship then it will become interesting

#66 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

B

Edited by jt, 09 June 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#67 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

It's certainly good for the game as a whole to have clubs that are going places and generating a bit of interest and publicity. What is a shame is that Rovers used to be a tremendous role model for other small town clubs by the way that they developed their own talent. Through no fault of their own; I guess they can no longer pick up young lads of the quality that made them a force to be reckoned with in their pomp and hence they have to resort to out-bidding the other Championship clubs for the what talent is available. The SL clubs hoover most of the more promising young uns, and discard them just as readily if they seem not to make the grade.

I fully understand where you are coming from; You have got to remember Fev like other clubs before them have been stunted from growth with the licensing rule; Fev have been raided on many occasions for their star players and in many ways in the past the transfer fees have kept the club afloat; They have won the league title now for four years running and it would be crazy for anyone to begrudge them or any other club their ambition; It may or may not work out; Even we Fev fans await with baited breath; I've watched Fev since 1963 and believe me it feels just as alien to me that Fev are the ones brandishing the cash; The door is now open slightly for a chance to play at a higher level and whether it be Leigh Fev Halifax or even Batley who get their chance it has to be taken otherwise the game will stagnate even further;

#68 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 683 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:31 PM

Well said!

Edited by M Hopkins, 10 June 2014 - 05:31 PM.

#69 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

I fully understand where you are coming from; You have got to remember Fev like other clubs before them have been stunted from growth with the licensing rule; Fev have been raided on many occasions for their star players and in many ways in the past the transfer fees have kept the club afloat; They have won the league title now for four years running and it would be crazy for anyone to begrudge them or any other club their ambition; It may or may not work out; Even we Fev fans await with baited breath; I've watched Fev since 1963 and believe me it feels just as alien to me that Fev are the ones brandishing the cash; The door is now open slightly for a chance to play at a higher level and whether it be Leigh Fev Halifax or even Batley who get their chance it has to be taken otherwise the game will stagnate even further;

Fair comments Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users