Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Swinton home

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

Our home game at Cefn Druids. 38 - 16 to the Cru. Attendance, hard to say, 876.

#2 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 714 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

I'll go for a storming performance from Crusaders 40 - 6. I think if we attract over 800 to Rhosymedre the Directors will be over the moon. I think it will be neared 600 but really hop I am proved wrong.

#3 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

Swinton will give us a much tougher game than some seem to think. Crusaders to win 34-22. Don't expect more than 50 from Swinton but the new ground will attract neutral "ground hoppers". 703.

#4 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

I will have 10% of the Swinton fans  in my car then Kenny !!

Riggy

Swinton

#5 TommyCru

TommyCru
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:18 PM

Hopefully the cru take 3 points and I think it'll be close 22-18 with a crowd of 560

#6 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

How many are you expecting to take Riggy? I have offered a lift on your site but no takers so far.

#7 3feathers

3feathers
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

One thing this season has shown us, any team can trip us up. It could be 20 . 20. Their last two matches were against Doncaster and Batley, ending with respectable score lines.

We need to fight from the start.

#8 rossco123

rossco123
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

I'm hoping Jonathan soum gets a run out today to give us a bit more attacking flair, also sebastian Martin's will give us a bit more  bite Ile say 34-18 to the cru and 658 in attendance.

#9 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

Being positive, I'll go 28 -6 to the cru boys. att 707

Edited by Number 7, 08 June 2014 - 10:01 AM.

#10 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:07 PM

How did Gore and Lawton play? Did Gore play hooker or at halfback?

#11 3feathers

3feathers
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

Ratboy, sorry to report, I didn't notice much of Gore, my head was in my hands.

The least said about Lawton the better.

On a positive note, it was sunny.

#12 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

Lawton is one of those players. Played well against Catalans a few weeks ago then poor another time. WidnesAcademy on the Widnes site has ago at me every time I say lazy and no aggression. On the Widnes forum says Gore got Man of the match and was your best player. But slagged Lawton off.lol

Edited by Ratboy, 08 June 2014 - 06:34 PM.

#13 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:45 PM

It was nice for us to reverse the win you had against us earlier in the season so honours shared. Both our clubs are in the mix and it would be good to see us both stay up.
Enjoyed the atmosphere at the match today a neat little ground, with great people.
I sincerely hope you amass enough points to stay up..... Good luck lads.

#14 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 714 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

A disappointingly poor performance from NW Crusaders today. Swinton were well worth their win and deserve all the plaudits.  The Swinton halves ran rings round our lads, created the gaps they needed and scored three killer tries to put the game beyond doubt.  The Rock is a great venue and it could have been bouncing with noise today but the normally boisterous Cru fans were stunned into silence.

Positives: 715 in attendance at a well organised venue on a lovely sunny day

Edited by gogledd, 08 June 2014 - 07:12 PM.

#15 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

A disappointingly poor performance from NW Crusaders today. Swinton were well worth their win and deserve all the plaudits.  The Swinton halves ran rings round our lads, created the gaps they needed and scored three killer tries to put the game beyond doubt.  The Rock is a great venue and it could have been bouncing with noise today but the normally boisterous Cru fans were stunned into silence.

Positives: 715 in attendance at a well organised venue on a lovely sunny day

I think that's the issue with DR, Swinton call on a lad who is top class and has SL experience at Wire & Saints adn trains with Swinton ,  and when you're blighted with injuries you get a lad who hasn't played much rugby and only trained with you once . If you are to survive this year you need to embrace the DR more and get the lads who aren't playing at the Vikings into training sessions and put some pressure on the guys who are not performing at the present. Loyalty is one thing but there wont be much of that from the current players if you drop to championship one

#16 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

Ive been trying to avoid saying this for a while now but we are not creative enough in the halves and we don't have a natural leader on the park. Ian Watson led his team around the park and talked to his players all day. Some of our players looked like they didn't want to play with each other and Gore and Lawton should stay at Widnes because they don't want to be at Crusaders - obviously. The Swinton team were far more enthusiastic than ours and "wanted it more". Good support from Swinton today as well, much better than the 50 I predicted. Good to meet old friends. Well done Roets, Johnson, Middlehurst and probably a couple more for giving it 100%. Nice to see Crusaders fans applauding a better team. At least you are all a credit to the club.

#17 WV1

WV1
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

I wouldn't say Gore "doesn't want to be at crusaders" as

Ive been trying to avoid saying this for a while now but we are not creative enough in the halves and we don't have a natural leader on the park. Ian Watson led his team around the park and talked to his players all day. Some of our players looked like they didn't want to play with each other and Gore and Lawton should stay at Widnes because they don't want to be at Crusaders - obviously. The Swinton team were far more enthusiastic than ours and "wanted it more". Good support from Swinton today as well, much better than the 50 I predicted. Good to meet old friends. Well done Roets, Johnson, Middlehurst and probably a couple more for giving it 100%. Nice to see Crusaders fans applauding a better team. At least you are all a credit to the club.

I wouldn't say Gore "Doesn't want to be at Crusaders" at all. Grant's been wanting to play for crusaders all year for match fitness to try and push him into our (widnes) first team. I think that comment is harsh, especially when he set up two tries yesterday.

Lawton, i agree.Lawton is too big for his boots. He's clearly got the talent, however his application is shocking. He doesn't put 100% into Widnes so I don't expect him to put it in for Crusaders.

#18 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 714 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:15 PM

I'd agree with WV1. I think Gore performed pretty well in a pretty poor team performance. I'm not going to pick out individuals who know themselves they didn't put in the effort that we who stand on the terraces expect. Yesterday I heard long tome fans say that was the worst NW Crusaders performance we have seen - it certainly was a shocker but I've seen a team this year who can gel and play well and the same players who don't seem to recognise each other the next week.

If we are to go down then I want our lads to go out with a fight not a whimper!

As for DR, Cursaders are in partnership with Vikings and Clive Griffiths and Denis Betts will agree who will be available for Crusaders then its up to Clive to make the selection. Swinton have DR with Warrington and are allowed up to 5 DR players in their team. If they select experienced players to get result that the rules so it fair enough. Personally if I was signed by Crusaders and deemed good enough for a Championship team I'd be p***ed off if a player cam in to replace me just to get fit for SL. (Please Note: there's no chance of me ever being good enough for the U15s never mind the full squad!)

#19 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:42 AM

I am very much anti dual reg WV1, and thinking back on the game now I may have been a little harsh on Gore, considering its his first game with us, but I stand by my other comments, especially the lack of creativity at half back. Maybe Gore will get a run with us and possibly be the answer. I am over the disappointment now but I hope we see more enthusiasm from all the team next Sunday. I want to se them congratulating each other when somebody makes a good tackle and I want to hear them encouraging each other, and when we need 6 points to earn a bonus with 90 seconds to go I want to see them running to form the scrum not stand there looking round at each other! 

#20 Ratboy

Ratboy
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:34 AM

To be fair on Gore the lad has not had many games due to his injuries. He will find it difficult at halfback with Mellor, Brown, Craven and Gilmore. Even at hooker next season will be White,Carberry and Heremai. So the lad might have to move on unless gets game time at Crusaders and stands out for Widnes, if gets a chance. Adam Lawton just seems to lack motivation, but has natural ability.

Edited by Ratboy, 10 June 2014 - 06:35 AM.