Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wembley 1983 Photo Memories.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,417 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:32 PM

I got this email recently and I wondered if any fans could help out. Ive posted it on FB too.

I am the Picture Editor on the Club Wembley journal which is a publication we produce in association with Wembley Stadium. We are running a feature on the history of the Challenge Cup Final at Wembley with particular reference to a couple of matches one of which is the 1983 Featherstone Rovers v Hull final.

We are focusing on the fans experience of cup final day - the whole journey of travelling to London/sightseeing/parading up Wembley Way etc. So we would like to illustrate this with fans photos, I am hoping to uncover some photo albums/personal photos of some sort. Would you know of anyone who may have this kind of thing? So far we have contacted the clubs themselves, local newspapers and libraries. We have a few images from Featerstone Rovers themselves but as I said I'm hoping we could get some direct from fans.  We would pay for publication of the images.

There's some great memories of a great day here.....

http://marklaspalmas...el/Wembley 1983

A Fev Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users