what a Shambles

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:47 PM

Leeds fans raving about Brierley post match, but the funniest I overheard in the bar afterwards was how we had signed our 6 from SL - Leigh Miners have just had one helluva promotion

We play Fax on Wednesday without any centres and a bust up team - a loss throws them right in the mix for top 2 - why would the RFL do that?

#22 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:03 PM

Leeds fans raving about Brierley post match, but the funniest I overheard in the bar afterwards was how we had signed our 6 from SL - Leigh Miners have just had one helluva promotion

We play Fax on Wednesday without any centres and a bust up team - a loss throws them right in the mix for top 2 - why would the RFL do that?

To give Fev a chance Sweaty...you don't want to win the league by a landslide do you lol?

#23 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:06 PM

Do what? If you mean playing on Wednesday after Sunday's cup game, well that's been the rule for a long time now. Be thankful you aren't Keighley who are off up to Whitehaven tonight.

#24 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

"Leeds fans raving about Brierley?" That's the danger for your lot now Craig. You think you are getting a good squad together when the SL clubs come tapping up your stars, and you can't really stand in their way. True, you might get a bit of cash if they're still in contract, but it's no real compensation.

#25 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

I heard a radio interview with Brierley the other day, when a guy less than three months into a three-year contract is talking about not making any decisions until the end of this seasons and repeatedly saying how much he and his family want him to play for Salford it seems pretty clear how things might pan out after this season is over.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users