Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Britain First are nothing to do with D Day

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

http://www.liverpool...ObJQdU.facebook

Facebook is usually a friendly place where people post funny pictures of cats and share their news.

But increasingly I’m seeing my friends – who are mostly lovely tolerant people with no axes to grind – reposting photos from a facebook group called Britain First.

They have no idea that Britain First is actually a political party which has been linked with the BNP.

Been seeing this a lot recently.  Took a zero tolerance approach of un-friended anyone who shares from that group.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#2 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,872 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

http://www.liverpool...ObJQdU.facebook

Been seeing this a lot recently.  Took a zero tolerance approach of un-friended anyone who shares from that group.

Not sure why Britain First want to commemorate D-Day anyway - didn't the people who shared their ideology actually lose WWII?

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#3 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,594 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

I'm a bit more tolerant.  I generally explain that the sentiment is fine but the source isn't.  It all depends on the response whether I just forget about it or hit that nice unfriend button.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#4 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

I'm somewhat shocked by the ignorance of some of my face ache friends who have reposted, shared, liked stuff from Britain First.  An odious bunch shamelessly coat tailing something which has real historical, cultural, personal, and social significance.  Unlike them who appear from all I have seen the last couple of days to be a bunch of narrow minded, self serving, self congratulatory nasty people.  I think I will go with ckn's approach now that the 6th has past.

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#5 fatboystu

fatboystu
  • 279 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:53 AM

As an ex member of the RAF it really grips my $*** when I see these types of group (britain first, edl etc) using the RAF roundel and other british military symbols on their flags, propaganda etc. During my time in the RAF I met one person who was openly a member of one of these types of group and tbf he was a complete idiot. Always in trouble with both the civil and military police until they eventually discharged him. In the main, the people I met in the forces across all 3 services were some of the most tolerant people ypu could wish to meet. Sorry for the rant, but it just winds me up that these people try to hijack what sacrifices some people made and continue to make for their own political agenda.

#6 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

Normally I'm straight on shares from pages like Britian First as I object to having there propaganda cluttering my time line, but I've cut a bit of slack this week though as people sharing shares rather from the originating page are hard pressed to tell were its come from and the shares on the whole have been D Day related rather than the usual rubbish.

#7 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:05 AM

Never heard of them. Yet another reason for not using Facebook.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#8 Sir Olivier Elima WTID

Sir Olivier Elima WTID
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 01:02 PM

No matter what BF back/support it will be tied as a tool against Islam. Especially the copious amounts of facebook posts backing the Eng football effort. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users