Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Unheard Of

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:54 PM

Never thought it would come to this, but I have nothing but praise for the performance displayed at Wigan by our rivals down the road.

That is what the game is all about

Well done and congratulations to the coach. (you know who I mean).. 

#2 daveexponte

daveexponte
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

A excellent game of RL. That game was worthy as a final, let alone a quarter final. Impressed from a Feb fan.

#3 coronetking

coronetking
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

Great game to watch and congrats to Cas.

#4 daveexponte

daveexponte
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

That should say Feb fan.

#5 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

There was 2 losers in that game us and wigan who ever made the decision to get rid of the coach 12 months ago made of the biggest mistakes i our recent history

#6 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

That should say Feb fan.

It does do.

#7 daveexponte

daveexponte
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

Cheers AV . At least I'm consistent with my spelling mistakes. Obviously it should say Fev

#8 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:22 PM

who ever made the decision

That'll be Daryl Powell then

#9 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

That'll be Daryl Powell then

Our loss, someone elses gain

#10 paff

paff
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

Hope they don't get to final i hear that coach as only got a 25% success rate 

#11 rovers

rovers
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

they will go on and win it

#12 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

Hope they don't get to final i hear that coach as only got a 25% success rate

Only when his team are favourites. Today he was the underdog.

#13 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:15 PM

NEWSFLASH Powells gone , get over it or go watch sc@m ,sick of hearing it now , the board are putting great effort into our club try supporting it instead of moaning for once .

Edited by dydo, 07 June 2014 - 07:16 PM.

#14 paff

paff
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

same as you dydo sick to death of hearing about how good the past is move on or move away are you fev fans and behind the club or just people whats negative all time .powell had the biggest budget biggest squad and biggest support so we should have done well c#s doing well because they already had a good team but they had rangi now he gone look at salford.I was more bothered when graham steadman went to sc@m than powell

#15 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,696 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

I think everyone is behind Fev but why people get upset because someone want to comment about a mistake the club made 12 months ago is unbelievable. The club decided that coach couldn't take us any further they were wrong we are now rebuilding because we made a mistake with the new coach and we all hope it works out but we don't need to forget what DP did for this club on the field. Anyway a win tomorrow and we will all be talking about our win

#16 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:38 PM

Trouble is though theyve been commenting and moaning for over a year now , it gets a bit boring after a while ,and does not help us go forward with all the negativity.

Edited by dydo, 07 June 2014 - 09:39 PM.

#17 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:22 PM

exactly moan moan moan... go support someone else...can you imagine if we were broke and sat at the bottom of the table. Powell is gone get over it. We get this every week about Powell going.

In Hay we trust! We'll all be eating grass soon!
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#18 Mark H

Mark H
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

I feel as strongly about Daryl Powell going to Cas as anyone and like everyone else we're all entitled to an opinion and I think it was a mistake but good luck to Cas and I hope they go on to win the Challenge cup.But I hope in 2 years time we're singing the praises of Andy Hay and we have a team to challenge theirs on a regular basis in Super League and them games will be a battle royal,because that's what really matters now and that destination has to be our focus.So congratulations to Cas for such a good performance yesterday and a little mention of praise for Leigh's performance on Friday night against the Rhinos,which was a credit to what an in form Championship side can bring to the table.
Forza Fev

#19 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 709 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:36 AM

No ones saying people arnt entitled to their own opinion , were just stating that its getting a bit monotonous after all this time keep banging on about powell , an personally i hope c&s get their butts kicked in the semi by wires or leeds , sick of their fans belittling us as a championship side . if you like powell an the tigers that much an cant move on and let our great club move on with all the backing weve never had , go watch em instead . my last post on the matter as im sick to death of hearing it ..

#20 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:49 AM

This is my impression of what happened last year. DP resigned and took up an opportunity with Cas. The board DID NOT get rid of him, therefore how was it their fault? Millard's intended replacement gave back word at the eleventh hour and ultimately the die was cast. All the board did was not to stand in DP's way and that allowed him to coach in the SL where he quite rightly belongs. Quite admirable I would have thought.
So let's not blame the club. He was a very good coach at the Rovers, but as someone has already said he was on good money for championship standards. As 'Dydo' said he's gone now and he probably took the club as far as he could anyway.
My point is that his legacy only needed a tweak, (listen to what he says to the very intrepid interviewer at the end of his time, at the Batley game) but events subsequently have meant that there have been wholesale changes to a (lets face it) squad that was at the top of its game against Sheffield at home at the arrse end of last season. Had Bostock and Spears been available for the Batley game we may have held out, however it's all ifs and buts, if my auntie had a scrotum she'd be my uncle.

It's not easy turning allegiance and supporting Cas after 42 years of being a Featherstone fan, I would and could never do it. However I must say that their performance yesterday was very impressive.

It's hard enough living in Cas when they're winning. Loads of middle aged blokes now wearing the Tigers tops looking like bay windows with the extra room at the front for wok smuggling ( it's a good job I'm as slim as a pin) yet two years ago you couldn't see a shirt for love nor money.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 08 June 2014 - 08:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users