Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Totalrl.com World Cup Sweepstake...Now up and running..

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:38 AM

If we can get enough folk interested I'll run a sweep for this year's finals. Obviously we have to get moving on this as the first game's this coming Thursday.

Anybody remember if we did one in 2010?, I think we did one in 2006 because I offered to buy the winner an England RL t shirt and posted one off after the final. Trying to remember who won it, it'll come to me sooner or later.

I'll offer a t shirt to the winner again, there's no start to my generosity. I'll put the 32 teams in a hat and 32 posters' names into another hat and get my lad to draw them out, if Schofield can manage it, I'm sure he can. If anyone's not sure about the impartiality of this then I'm open to suggestions.

Just reply to this thread if you're up for it, first 32 only, if we're able to get that many!  :(

(On the subject of T shirts, I was thinking of resurrecting the "100% League 0% Union" T shirt design and getting a few printed. Again, if anybody's interested in having one then either pm me or indicate in your reply, I'm open to any design suggestions for those more artistic than myself. The more fancy one the cheaper it'll be for everybody.)

Go on, you know you want to.....

Edit:

At the suggestion of hindlexiii, I'll give the full list of forum participants and their teams on this post and try and keep it updated as the tournament goes on, with red indicating a team is out and green indicating they're through to the knockout stages. Once the knockout teams have been decided, green will indicate a team is still in the comp.

Knockout teams have been decided, now it's time to get personal...

Quarter finals:-                                                                               Semi finals:-

France - Futtocks  v  Germany - YKConstantine  

=  Brazil - Larry the Leit  v  Germany - YKConstantine

Brazil - Larry the Leit  v  Columbia - 1976PMJwires 

Argentina - Bucksyed  v  Belgium - Tiny Tim

=  Argentina - Bucksyed  v  Netherlands - Amber Avenger

Netherlands - Amber Avenger  v  Costa Rica - gingerjon  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third place play off :-  

Brazil - Larry then Leit  v  Netherlands - Amber Avenger  (July 12th 2100)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World Cup Final :-

Argentina - Bucksyed  v  Germany - YKConstantine  (July 13th 2000)

Edited by Old Frightful, 13 July 2014 - 11:14 PM.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#2 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,966 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

I would like teams 1-31, please.

You can have team 32.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#3 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

I would like teams 1-31, please.

You can have team 32.

I'll see if my lad can sort it.... :D

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#4 jlawton21

jlawton21
  • Players
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

I'm in.
Talkin t-shirts, I've always liked the "rugby league...no flankers" design.

#5 amh

amh
  • 11,083 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

me please :)

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#6 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,374 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

I'll have a go, mate.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#7 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,715 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:38 AM

Aye go on then

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#8 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:42 AM

Come on the rest of you miserable bleeders, let's be 'aving you.

Oh, and I've just remembered, Shotgun Gold was the winner last time I offered a prize. See if we can get 32 before he sees it, we don't want that scally to win again.  ;)

#9 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,696 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

Yeah, why not

Edited by Amber Avenger, 08 June 2014 - 11:02 AM.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#10 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,379 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

Oh yes. I predict I'll be drawn as team 8 and that'll be Spain. Size XL. Ta. Job done. ;)

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

Oh yes. I predict I'll be drawn as team 8 and that'll be Spain. Size XL. Ta. Job done. ;)

Hmmph, you can pay your own bloody postage.

#12 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

I'm in, although having already drawn Algeria in a work sweepstake I doubt my luck will be troubling the designers of XXL t-shirts!

Like the no flankers one though, must have a google and see if I can find me one of them!

Edited by shrek, 08 June 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#13 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:22 PM

Yes please old bean

#14 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,511 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:40 PM

I'll give it a go.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#15 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:45 PM

Okay, OF. Count me in. It might just get me slightly interested in the thing.  ;)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#16 paulalmanack

paulalmanack
  • Coach
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

Yes why not?!!! A interactive forum sweepstake. Surely this is what Social media and the internet was made for.

#17 Mister C

Mister C
  • Coach
  • 604 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

Yes please!

#18 heartofGold

heartofGold
  • Coach
  • 288 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:28 PM

Yes please.

Had to laugh. Having realised the whole event was going to localise entirely in my living room for about 15 of my boys mates I cleared it with the neighbours and warned the boys if there was too much noise there'd be trouble to which my youngest replied "oh there won't be any noise mum England never score"

oy shked helwa el horiya

#19 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 6,951 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

Yes please, working from home I normally miss out on this sort of thing.

28m391z.jpg

#20 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,731 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:21 AM

Right then, so far we have 17 applicants which leaves a further 15 needed to complete the draw.

Old Frightful

gingerjon

jlawton21

amh

Ullman

Johnoco

Amber Avenger

marklaspalmas

shrek

1976PMJwires

Griff9of13

tonyXIII

paulalmanack

Mister C

Larry the Leit (postal application)

heartofgold

Tiny Tim

Hurry up everyone else, you have to be in it to win it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users