Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

MOM Fev vs Dewsbury

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

Bussey
Blackmore
Crookes

Conway, just for future reference and enjoyment, that little bloke, with big feet who stands near the scrum, and walks with a stoop as he carries the team most weeks, wins the man of the match most weeks or at least gets in the top three, usually gets at least one try, goes home often without his clothes and is absolutely brilliant is called Andrew Kain known to most as Andy.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 08 June 2014 - 07:14 PM.

#22 Conway91

Conway91
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

Conway, just for future reference and enjoyment, that little bloke, with big feet who stands near the scrum, and walks with a stoop as he carries the team most weeks, wins the man of the match most weeks or at least gets in the top three, usually gets at least one try, goes home often without his clothes and is absolutely brilliant is called Andrew Kain known to most as Andy.

With all due respect Andrew, I was at the game. Kainy did have a good game yes and scored 3 decent tries, but in my opinion Bussey was my MOM.. He made a few good tackle busts and a good clean break, he also took on the responsibility of kicking the conversions and they weren't all easy ones. Couldn't ask for more on blackmoores debut. Crookes' tackling was sound and he ran the ball in v well, both crookes and blackmoore looked eager to beat a man and capable of doing so.
Effort is wasted reminiscing over past disappointments. Move onwards, move upwards.

#23 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

Buddy it was only a bit of banter. You could gave picked Thompson Bridges and Farrar for me mate. And yes you did go to the game, and yes for a young en your posts are well structured and thought out. You don't need to know why I couldn't go today but suffice to say it would only take something serious to keep me away, which it did.

Fill your boots mate.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 08 June 2014 - 08:04 PM.

#24 genesis

genesis
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:05 PM

Andy Kain was the match winner today. The ref had no clue at all and we may as well had have ball boys playing as touch judges. But a win is a win and hopefully the team will soon bond. The question is, have we the time?

#25 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

Kainy "by a country mile". I wish that we could get out of the habit of mass panic when within 5mtrs of the opposition line. We just seem to go to pieces, throwing the ball up in the air, sideways, backwards, you name it.

Still of the opinion that we require "more meat" down the middle.

What a numpty performance from the ref. Waving the Rams players to get them back onside but still allowing play to continue They got away with it wholesale and cannot blame them for continuing their actions.

Scratchy performance at times. 

#26 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

1.Kain

2.Bussey

3.Ellis / Blackmore

A pretty good win considering the new lads coming in for players who are injured with a lot of 1st team experience under their belt, also hope Kyle Briggs can recover from not one of his better games saying that he's not had too many bad ones in his time with the Rovers, good to see Andy Bostock back after a few weeks out.  

#27 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

1.Kain
2.Bussey
3.Ellis / Blackmore

A pretty good win considering the new lads coming in for players who are injured with a lot of 1st team experience under their belt, also hope Kyle Briggs can recover from not one of his better games saying that he's not had too many bad ones in his time with the Rovers, good to see Andy Bostock back after a few weeks out.

Something that you posted there twangs a little heart string for me.
When you support a team over a number of years or work with people in whatever walk of life you make decisions about them through your experiences, it's not been judgemental it is natural.

Kyle Briggs came to Rovers from Doncaster in 2009 he was an immediate hit, he'd played for Donny at our ground earlier that season or the one before and had a blinder.

His firm form was so good for Rovers in the vintage 10 Rovers team that he earned a crack at SL, giving us a a healthy profit in the process.

I recall him being shattered, broken and in tears at the end of the ten 10 GF, his last game for us.
He joined a deteriorating Bradford side that must have made him feel as confident as Fred West's paper boy.

We got to the GF that year in 11 without him, or so you thought. Just as we were on our usual ore match sherbet at the Lord Rodney, who turns up with a Flat Cap, a red Rovers away shirt and a silly shy grin, ....Kyle.

He came back and amongst other games played a blinder against Cas, his upper body strength in scoring our second try was amazing.

I interviewed him at the end of that season at the end of the Keighley game, his love for Rovers and his delight of resigning was so apparent. Only to see him shattered and broken again at HJ stadium as though he was Bill Murray in some old american comedy film about repetition.

After a series of horrendous injuries Kyle's confidence is shot and he's a shadow of his former self at the moment.

He is one of the nicest, most talented men to have ever pulled on the Rovers shirt in my time as a fan a wonderful family man and a man who'll always give you the time of day, he doesn't possess an egotistical bone in his body ( some of this may be the reason for his loss of cutting edge).

I for one would encourage everyone to rally around Kyle whether he features again for Rovers or wherever his future lays. Everyone hates to see a poorly relative and that to me is how it feels with Kyle.

#28 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:28 PM

Kain

Bussey

Blackmore
Im Fev and im proud

#29 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

agree. to be removed from the field after 40 mins in his last game and after 23 mins today his confidence must be on the floor, and i fear he may have played his last game for the club today.

#30 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:46 PM

Kain
Blackmore
Bussey

#31 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

agree. to be removed from the field after 40 mins in his last game and after 23 mins today his confidence must be on the floor, and i fear he may have played his last game for the club today.

Likewise, I fear for Kyle's future at the club. At present he is a shadow of his former self and may be released or moved on to reduce the salary cap, but I would prefer him go out on loan to see if he can re-capture his form. It's such a pity though, because our squad for this season was assembled with him as a central figure, purely on past performances.

#32 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,860 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:02 AM

Bussey
kainy
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#33 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

Kain

Bussey

Ellis

#34 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

Slightly off topic but great to hear the voice again of Martin Overton doing the commentary of the match on the clubs DVD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users