TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Ref wired up

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

Does anyone know who decides if the refs are to be wired up with the 2 running the line Some weeks they are and other there not Today the linesman gave forward pass but the ref didn't look so it was play on which wouldn't have happened if they were in communication with each other

#2 old big red

old big red
  • Facebook
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:49 PM

The ref wanted stringing up today he had absolutely no f******* idea of the game was he from Dewsbury

#3 Mick Thornton

Mick Thornton
  • Players
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

Wired up. He should be strung up!
M.J.Thornton

#4 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,397 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

I reckon Dews had 16  penalties.  In the last 5 minutes he was obviously determined they were going to get a bonus point.  3 penalties followed by a kick which the Fev player fielded behind the line. tackled in the air, forced over the line, should have been a Fev penalty and game over but no, line drop out and another penalty this time under the sticks on the hooter to give them a bonus point. Joke.!

Edited by Trojan, 08 June 2014 - 06:53 PM.

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#5 Smithy

Smithy
  • Players
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

"followed by a kick which the Fev player fielded behind the line. tackled in the air, forced over the line, should have been a Fev penalty and game over but no, line drop out and another penalty"

You missed out that they were offside at the klck!

#6 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:31 PM

Is Ged Stokes the tall ginger guy who from the side looks like a map of East Anglia? There's another guy from Australia who I get him mixed up with, he may be the guy I'm trying to describe. I didn't go today and am not up on the refs so clarification would be appreciated.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 08 June 2014 - 07:33 PM.

#7 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,397 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

Is Ged Stokes the tall ginger guy who from the side looks like a map of East Anglia? There's another guy from Australia who I get him mixed up with, he may be the guy I'm trying to describe. I didn't go today and am not up on the refs so clarification would be appreciated.

Sounds like the same guy

#8 Jason Basin

Jason Basin
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:18 PM

Not the same guy.

#9 Jason Basin

Jason Basin
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:19 PM

Any thoughts on the free play knock on that he gave to Fev in the lead up to hardman's try?

#10 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:39 AM

Any thoughts on the free play knock on that he gave to Fev in the lead up to hardman's try?

exactly Jason the fev fans didn't see that one? They knock on meaning free play we knock on should have been head & feed to us not play on!!! Admitted they were some dodgy decisions on BOTH sides with some of the decisions that have gone against us this season we'll take that!!

#11 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:07 AM

exactly Jason the fev fans didn't see that one? They knock on meaning free play we knock on should have been head & feed to us not play on!!! Admitted they were some dodgy decisions on BOTH sides with some of the decisions that have gone against us this season we'll take that!!

i think you will find that the first knock on was a dewsbury hand!
I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#12 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,397 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:09 AM

I was keeping a count of the penalties up to half time - it was 9 to Dews, they had at least 7 second half.  I'm not saying they weren't penalties, what I'm saying is that Dews were committing the same offences (esp holding down and high tackles) and getting away with them.  The last five minutes was disgraceful.

#13 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:33 AM

Poor old Fev, always the victims eh? I've heard that the Referees Association have a shadowy rogue anti-Featherstone organisation that meets in a darkened room at a secret location every week - just to confer over dastardly new ways in which they can spoil your plans for domination.

Posted Image

#14 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:46 AM

I was keeping a count of the penalties up to half time - it was 9 to Dews, they had at least 7 second half.  I'm not saying they weren't penalties, what I'm saying is that Dews were committing the same offences (esp holding down and high tackles) and getting away with them.  The last five minutes was disgraceful.

i think you will find that the first knock on was a dewsbury hand!

According to league express pen count was 10-10 so if you've counted correctly in 1st half rams must have had only 1 pen 2nd half!!!

I don't want to get into a big debate about who knocked on 1st,in my opinion you knocked on 1st you said we knocked on 1st either way should been scrum!!!

#15 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,372 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

I thought ginger one had a decent game. Barring the pass for dews 3rd try which looked forrad (I was 90m away) all his pen calls were correct. The pen count was even.
some near us absolutely rounded on the ref for the double movement when it was clear the ball carrying arm hit the floor whilst still in the tackle. Same wi sharpys try. When the kick went up all five of us called it offside. Yet to listen to some it was george's vendetta against fev despite the fact that fev hardly contest the decision.
The dvd will conclusively prove both. The angst against the ref is unbelievable at times.

Edited by Robin Evans, 09 June 2014 - 12:28 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#16 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

I thought ginger one had a decent game. Barring the pass for dews 3rd try which looked forrad (I was 90m away) all his pen calls were correct. The pen count was even.
some near us absolutely rounded on the ref for the double movement when it was clear the ball carrying arm hit the floor whilst still in the tackle. Same wi sharpys try. When the kick went up all five of us called it offside. Yet to listen to some it was george's vendetta against fev despite the fact that fev hardly contest the decision.
The dvd will conclusively prove both. The angst against the ref is unbelievable at times.

Robin I think that's a very good summing up of the game,dubious decisions for both teams! Just watched highlights on our forum it was quite interesting. By the way think your ground is looking very tidy,maybe big push for super league,good luck

#17 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

I take it no one know then

#18 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,397 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

According to league express pen count was 10-10 so if you've counted correctly in 1st half rams must have had only 1 pen 2nd half!!!

I don't want to get into a big debate about who knocked on 1st,in my opinion you knocked on 1st you said we knocked on 1st either way should been scrum!!!

Yes I saw that, TBH I was wondering where they got their figure from. I never count penalties, but I did yesterday, there were nine first half to Dews and at least seven second half.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users