Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Cooke: ''We should have won by more''

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Dons News

Dons News
  • Coach
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:35 AM

Doncaster player coach Paul Cooke spoke to the official website after seeing his side defeat Barrow.

The Dons remain in third place in the Kingstone Press Championship as they look to finish in the top eight.

Cooke was pleased with the performance but feels his side could have done even better.

“I think we could have done better in the final third at times and probably should have won by more, but it is pleasing to come to Cumbria in 2014 and pick up seven from nine points.

"I thought that until they scored the try they didn’t look like breaking us or scoring, we defended really well.

“We conceded two soft tries, the first one we have them under the cosh and we give a penalty away on play four and the second one we kick the ball in the third tackle and they went down the other end and scored.

“It is pleasing defensively, we probably should have scored more points and that is something we will have to address with regards to putting the game to bed when we get opportunities and being even more clinical if I am being really picky.”

View the full article

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users