TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Great weekend !

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 933 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

All gone quiet on here again eh ?!

Any of you not checking this weekend's results due to our week off will be surprised - and delighted - to hear that both York and Oldham lost yesterday, at Gloucestershire and Hemel respectively. Leaves us on top of the league with all games in hand now caught up ...

#2 LincolnshireHawk

LincolnshireHawk
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:32 AM

The 'new' teams seem to be improving and its wasn't a massive shock when York lost yesterday, they must save

all their energy for when they play us. I think if we can beat York in the third fixture we will be favourites to win the

league but if Cas can spare them some players it will be hard.

#3 hunsok3

hunsok3
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

Great results all round really,york Oldham,and a great win for cas,did you see the performance of Webster for cas,he played for York at sls,he was best player on the pitch that day by a country mile,,,good results for us ,but ultimately we have to win grand final to go up,pure and simple.

#4 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

said all season ive been impressed with these new teams, hemel and gloucester away were no cakewalk and the likes of ben young at hemel and in particular danny thomas at gloucester really impressed me.The daft thing is the 2 half backs i dont rate Pat Smith and Johnny Presley have done us twice ! The one team who havent performed yet who i thought would be dangerous are the Skolars who no doubt will have their A game when we play them down there ...

Posted Image

#5 Bigm1

Bigm1
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

Mention of the Grand Final - we know it''s at Headingley, but have we been told yet what the format is so we know what we have to do to get there???

#6 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:16 PM

Top 5, first gets week off, 2 v 3 and 4 v 5 winners of 4 v 5 plays loser of 2 v 3 and 1st plays winner of 2 v 3, for place in final. Then remaining two teams play for other place in final. I think thats correct

#7 Hunslet Miner

Hunslet Miner
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:37 PM

Check out Gloucester All Golds 24 v York City Knights 22 match report on www.yorkpress.co.uk/knights and have a real chuckle

#8 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,954 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

Agree with whats been said about these new teams.

Gloucester had Casey Canterbury on loan from us in their ranks, and Hemel had Chris Clough on loan from us in theirs.-- Hemel also had Jaymel Coleman who kicked all the goals last Sunday, and scored the winning try against us for Dewsbury last season.--- he couldn't get into our reserve team a few years back when we had one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users