Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Justyfying purchases

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 185 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:26 PM

Not to keen at all regarding Hays statement that "The wild passes and lack of control was more to do with the established players rather than his recent imports". Perhaps he missed the incident whereby Barlow drifted inside, leaving his man stranded out on the wing and surprise, surprise the opposing winger walked the try in.

#2 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

Barlow ? are you moaning just for the sake of it ,get your facts right if not.

Edited by dydo, 09 June 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#3 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

Not to keen at all regarding Hays statement that "The wild passes and lack of control was more to do with the established players rather than his recent imports". Perhaps he missed the incident whereby Barlow drifted inside, leaving his man stranded out on the wing and surprise, surprise the opposing winger walked the try in.

I take it you are referring to the extract from my match report in League Express? Andy was referring to the numerous times that passes went astray even before the first two tries were gifted to Dewsbury.

#4 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

If its Blackmore your refering to when Morty their left winger scored , i think you will find hed just ran the width of the field to make a try saving tackle and was unable to get back from the quick ptb , plus no one shuffled over to cover for him .

#5 ROVERS FOREVER

ROVERS FOREVER
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:16 PM

Imagine the pressure Andy Hay must be under. Im afraid it takes more than a few weeks to repair certain damages.

Players need to be lifted more during match, I don't think we have anybody on our team that gets them riled up like Stuart Dickens used to. I saw a few heads down amongst our players, need to show more enthusiasm during match. I think the fans need to shout more for the side instead of screaming about how poor they are playing (yeah because that's what keeps thier heads up telling them they're useless) which I have heard a lot of fans doing lately.

We still won in the end. I do believe that decision at the end by the ref to let Dewsbury take the kick for 2 was a mistake to make. I didn't know you could retract your Full Time whistle decision.

#6 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

Watching the video highlights on the Rams Forum, the ref awarded a penalty on the final play. The penalty has to be taken.

On another note, very impressed with your stadium developments.

#7 rovers

rovers
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

i think he was referring to kyle briggs, the new imports impressed me well done guys keep it up , we will soon be back on top 

#8 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:39 PM

Watching the video highlights on the Rams Forum, the ref awarded a penalty on the final play. The penalty has to be taken.

On another note, very impressed with your stadium developments.

The ref blew before the hooter and the penalty must be taken as you rightly state; The referee seemed to be in confusion as to the rule though until the Dewsbury players protested along with a linesman;

#9 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:59 PM

If its Blackmore your refering to when Morty their left winger scored , i think you will find hed just ran the width of the field to make a try saving tackle and was unable to get back from the quick ptb , plus no one shuffled over to cover for him .

After watching the DVD Blackmore did get back across, as they were awarded a penalty in between the break and try. A certain stand-off who cannot be criticised however, was out of position........

#10 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

Yes your right just looked it was 23 who was late getting back into the line for whatever reason , the initial post blaming blackmore is still wrong though because we were a man short on our right side.

#11 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

Agreed, but it does show Blackmore has quite an engine. I'm looking forward to seeing how he pans out.

#12 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

Yes , he looks well , impressed with the recent new imports . Would love a settled classy 7 now and i think wed be back in the lead before too long .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users