Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury 12 Sheffield 28 - Predictions, discussion, highlights

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 451 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

A lot of talk on the forum lately has been about when fixtures should be played and about the decision around the Swinton fixture.

Lets get back to talking about the here and now and the massive game we have on Sunday against Sheffield.

We all know we always seem to lose against Sheffield and they are our bogey team. It is time we got one over them and win. This is a big game as they will go above us if they win, unless we get a bonus point that is. But, looking at the table they also have a game in hand and a better points difference.

Predictions everyone?

A few weeks ago I thought we were the winners of this game as Sheffield were having a slump, but they now seem to be back on course.

Dewsbury 18 - Sheffield 28

Edited by Tom Coates, 16 June 2014 - 09:17 AM.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#2 RedAndGoldArmy

RedAndGoldArmy
  • Twitter
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:47 PM

A blog you guys may be interested in. Should be a top game at the weekend and for our dire following, we usually take quite a few to Dewsbury and even though we're not doing too good, I expect this to be the case still. Good luck and may the best team win! http://eaglehoop97.w...eagles-preview/

We're The Red and Gold Army!!  

Championship Champions of 2013 and 2014

#3 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

They can't be your bogey team, they are ours!

#4 Jason Basin

Jason Basin
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

maybe they're just quite good!

#5 barackoRAMa

barackoRAMa
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:56 PM

A lot of talk on the forum lately has been about when fixtures should be played and about the decision around the Swinton fixture.

Lets get back to talking about the here and now and the massive game we have on Sunday against Sheffield.

We all know we always seem to lose against Sheffield and they are our bogey team. It is time we got one over them and win. This is a big game as they will go above us if they win, unless we get a bonus point that is. But, looking at the table they also have a game in hand and a better points difference.

Predictions everyone?

A few weeks ago I thought we were the winners of this game as Sheffield were having a slump, but they now seem to be back on course.

If Sheffield win they will go above us ,even if we do get a bonus point

#6 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 762 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:59 PM

Predictions everyone?

They only just pinched it on Sunday against Workington

#7 RedAndGoldArmy

RedAndGoldArmy
  • Twitter
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:53 AM

We had a spell of fifteen minutes which was brilliant then went totally off the boil. We need a win on Sunday because we're still low on confidence and momentum. Should be a cracker.

We're The Red and Gold Army!!  

Championship Champions of 2013 and 2014

#8 Shipley Ram

Shipley Ram
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:43 PM

Time to break the hoodoo

Rams 38 Eagles 18
1st scorer Thackeray
RUGBY LEAGUE IS MY RELIGION.
CROWN FLATT IS MY CHURCH.

#9 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 371 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

Rams 30 eagles 18 first try. Morton. Att 818. Think we all need to try get on to people to attend again, bring an extra mate or family member, the lads deserve a bigger home support this season, certainly a lot more than 6-700!. Haven we got over 900 with just 12 away fans at the match. Let's try get them back, the haven loss and poor peformance obviously didn't get the people who did actualy manage to entice a mate or extra family member to re attend, sadly was our worst home peformance of the season though. Last few home crowds do seem a hundred or so home fans down. If you know these people please try get them to re attend :-)

Edited by christheram, 11 June 2014 - 06:41 PM.

#10 ramsfandan

ramsfandan
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:05 AM

rams 32 eagles 22 first try thackeray att 775

#11 RALFERS08

RALFERS08
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:47 AM

Rams 22 - 10 Sheff

First Scorer - Thackeray

Att - Not enough for all the hard work being put in by the team and the club! We need bigger home support.

#12 SharpesRams

SharpesRams
  • Players
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

Let's change a lifetime of losses to the Eagles

Dews 24 Sheff 16

1st try Hale

#13 Jason Basin

Jason Basin
  • Players
  • 85 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:52 AM

19th august 2007 was when we last beat sheffield. liam finn and danny maun scored our tries!

since then we've lost 15 consecutive times to them, including last year when they beat us five times.

COME ON LADS!!!

#14 christheram

christheram
  • Non-Batley
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

THINK WE ARE DUE A WIN THEN ;-)

#15 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:41 PM

Rams 30-Eagles 28 . FTS Morton
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#16 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 403 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

Rams 16 Eagles 24 FTS Dale Morton

#17 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 762 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

Rams 28 Eagles 16. First try scorer: Briggs Att 864

#18 scally

scally
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:25 AM

Close one to call but I will go for Rams 26 Eagles 16

First try scorer Morton

Attendance 809

#19 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,427 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:52 AM

It's about time we beat this lot.

Rams 28 - 24 Eagles

FTS Hale

Att 750         

(Yes I shall buy lottery tickets!!)

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#20 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

It's about time we beat this lot.

Rams 28 - 24 Eagles

FTS Hale

Att 750         

(Yes I shall buy lottery tickets!!)

You might as well call it a donation, you won't win!   :onthequiet: