Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NEW T-Shirts

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

Due to recent demands for another T-shirt to be produced the Trust have been working with a local designer who has produced the logo for our new T-shirt.

This fantastic design will be produced on a top quality, black cotton, round-neck T-shirt. None of the thin “Fruit of the Loom” fabric here - we are talking top notch, non-fade layered printing resulting in a quality "must-have" garment!

Everyone please ask around and get some orders in. This is a great design of casual shirt that people can wear out and about and will hopefully attract a huge level of interest in those outside the hardened Lions fans as well. Support YOUR club and spread the word.

Price: £20. PM me with your orders and contact details please.

Sizes available are:
Chest (to fit)

S    - 36/38"

M  - 38/40"

L    - 41/42"

XL  - 43/44"

2XL - 45/47"

3XL - 47/49"

Attached Files

Edited by Paul Davidson, 08 July 2014 - 05:56 PM.

#2 x111lge

x111lge
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 03:15 PM

sorry paul don,t like the design  but totaly agree we need more merchandise

#3 mike the lion

mike the lion
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 05:42 PM

No chest pocket again.I need this for mobile or glasses.Sorry not good enough. 

#4 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

Not keen on the heart either but I'll still buy one!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#5 honest tryer

honest tryer
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:50 PM

Not keen on the heart either but I'll still buy one!

#6 honest tryer

honest tryer
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:51 PM

Sorry,I don't like the design!

#7 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:49 AM

Good idea. If you don't like the design then buy one for someone else! Just support the Club and the Trust and get the word out there that were still going.

#8 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

Sounds like we need a T Shirt designing competition......!

Always best to see the product than view online I always find.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#9 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

I have always fancied a proper polo shirt in the "style" of a retro kit.

When the 2013 kit came along I thought I had got just that but ultimately it is still a rugby Jersey (for Blue Monkey!) and therefore not always appropriate (perfect for the match/house/playing sport etc) but at my age, not for the pub on a satuday evening etc.

I was thinking like this picture course (in swinton colours). Lose the polo player (!!!copyright alert!!!) and with perhaps ("Lions") in subtle lettering across the shoulders or sleeve (or perhaps  a lion badge on one sleeve and a small "since 1866" on the other ?)

Polo%20Short%20Sleeve%20T-Shirt%20Men-28

I would look the bees knees at the garden parties/beer garden/pub/dress down at work!

PS - I would certainly not be including utility pockets for glasses, screwdriver,fags and emergency torch! ;)

#10 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

LLM - You could always get one of the retro jerseys we get made and rip the sleeves off !!!

:D

#11 Ralph Swintonrlfc

Ralph Swintonrlfc
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:20 AM

Paul, as ever your energy is to be admired. I also love the lions but the design needs to be simple. by that I mean simply blue and white lions retro/modern playing shirts  (home and away) , polo's , t-shirts, hoodies, coats, tracky tops, scarves and proper one size fits "ALL" wooly hats and caps. having one quality preferred supplier would be beneficial for ease of ordering ,availability, cost and delivery and input. people will pay more for quality and service as you are selling in a market for lions fans exclusively. we need to have a word with LSV and have our own club shop open on match days to view, purchase or order merchandise . we are a professional club so lets think as such and think positively going forward! a design competition is not a bad idea by the way but quality merchandising is paramount. some away fans are turning up in decent kit and we are the bigger club with history so lets show the blue and white!!!! much love and kind regards as always RALPH!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

#12 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,645 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

Ralph I agree it would be good to have our own "shop" at LSV the problem isn't getting the said shop it is getting manufacturers to supply on a couple of items a time.
Many want / expect minimum orders and with respect the club or the trust just can't afford to tie cash up in stock.

#13 Ralph Swintonrlfc

Ralph Swintonrlfc
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

a fair point well made Marshy. on that basis would it be possible to have say a one off "sample" of each of the above mentioned merchandise for show on matchdays and a catalogue showing all merchandise, sizes etc from which to order. maybe a supplier would work on that basis if lets say once we achieve an order of say 10 or more (per item) they would then be happy to and it would be more cost effective to produce the item. if we cant shift items in their tens then there's no point but if we want quality items to wear and last accordingly then I would think this would/might work for supporters and suppliers alike. I for instance ,and I cant speak for everyone, would probably be happy to order a range of merchandise i.e. if its a quality item then i would probably order a couple of sweatshirts, polos, jacket, home and away shirt and a wooly hat as I would get plenty of use out of them on matchdays and dog walking etc whilst at the same time hopefully promoting the club. by quality I simply mean well made, good fitting, simple, traditional, royal blue and white, swinton lions logo etc. as a good example I was very impressed with my STAG home shirt bought recently as it fits well (apart from the beerbelly), washes well and is simply a quality royal blue and white swinton lions match jersey. I was actually stopped in Manchester the other week by a few lads who were drawn to the shirt and asked how much and where to buy etc so they do get noticed! a catalogue in time for Christmas for the above may be feasible?  I just thought it was worth sharing my thoughts with you as you never know! please keep up all your hard work Paul n Marshy as its certainly appreciated here. great job! kind regards. Ralph.   

#14 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

The issue of quality leisure wear and timely availability of replica kits is one that we're taking very seriously. In fact, just attended a meeting with a major international sport & leisure wear supplier and we hope to announce something exciting shortly. Please bear with us, we're getting there. And Ralph, you'll be impressed I'm sure! (Credit to Rob McGivern for bringing the company concerned to our attention).

Edited by steve wild, 12 June 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#15 Ralph Swintonrlfc

Ralph Swintonrlfc
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

Great news Steve. I look forward to your imminent announcement with great enthusiasm. As you say great work from Rob, the Trust and as ever your good self. keep it up gents! cheers Steve. kind regards. Ralph

#16 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

Just noticed that barrow have released sublimated (more socially acceptable) polo shirts.....I had to look it up but I think it is what I was suggesting....sort of.

Edited by Little Lion Man, 17 June 2014 - 09:11 PM.

#17 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:03 PM

Socially acceptable?

#18 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 580 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:58 PM

Orders for these T-shirts have been good and we sold a few of the ones in stock at the match yesterday. Hopefully you'll start to see a few around the town!

Any more orders just PM me or see me at the Presentation Evening on Friday.