Halifax away!

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#41 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:40 PM

I know we had chances to win that game but a bp is still a very good point away to fax. Now to beat fev and start winning home games.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#42 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,009 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

Years ago they made a film about Doncaster - "Another Bloody Sunday" and I think we will be next with "Another Bloody Bonus Point"!!!!!!!

Just imagine how we could have fared if Wigan had just given us a little bit more help.  

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#43 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:41 PM

That means we'll have closed the gap on Haven as they'll no doubt be writing to the RFL to tell them they don't want their bonus point as the don't like THE RULES.

#44 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

I like it wonky . But I feel we've totally forgot how to win a game , apart from lacking the tools behind the scrum to do it anyway . Mentally it's just a wall now . All season we've had about half a good game in us. We have more than enough chances to win most of these games but just haven't got the ammo or nous . Not the muscle as we thought at the seasons start , but the smarts and speed. We need a half back and a strike back don't ya know ???

Edited by DavidM, 15 June 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#45 allezhaven

allezhaven
  • Players
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:43 PM

nothing like talking s***e is there. Who cares what would happen under the old rules, we don't play under them anymore. Haven will go pop again in the very near future so you can crawl back under your stone for another couple of years.
[
Came out from under my stone in 1952 so I don't I can wait for 64 years to get back under.

Bonus point a piece so no change as far as I can see it./quote]

#46 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:45 PM

I like it wonky . But I feel we've totally forgot how to win a game , apart from lacking the tools behind the scrum to do it anyway . Mentally it's just a wall now

it must be so frustrating for the boys who are playing week in week out as there giving everything they've got. No one can knock there efforts or there hearts, we just need a couple of players to help. Add 3 to that squad and were safe, come on Wigan play ball now. A winger and a prop next week please.

#47 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

Our top guys are flogging themselves , but the parts that dot the i 's and cross the t's just aren't there

#48 Kick

Kick
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

Wonky is right, we should and no doubt are proud of our lads , this morning with the 15 fit a bonus point was the reality we could hope for. But bring on fev and 3 points pleeeeesa !

#49 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,009 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:53 PM

I would like to think we have someone who will tell Radlinski and Wane just how Town fans feel about the way this DR is working but somehow I doubt it.    

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#50 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,883 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

What happens to us around half time, we always concede either side of it.

#51 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

Last week Callum and forber play half back we score 30 points, this week Lupton goes there with forber and we score 10. Coincidence I think not. Put Lupton on the bench to spell Matty, as he just dosent have the legs for half back anymore.

Edited by wonky, 15 June 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#52 Alineden

Alineden
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

I must be reliving the same Sunday over and over again . Spooky

Groundhog Day every Sunday

Edited by Alineden, 15 June 2014 - 04:18 PM.

#53 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

Defence was good today, a mistake before half time led to a try, Carter Stack and Matty when on field were all great today

#54 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:53 PM

nothing like talking s***e is there. Who cares what would happen under the old rules, we don't play under them anymore. Haven will go pop again in the very near future so you can crawl back under your stone for another couple of years.
[
Came out from under my stone in 1952 so I don't I can wait for 64 years to get back under.

Bonus point a piece so no change as far as I can see it./quote]

Just imagine if you used all those years to learn how to read and use a computer........
I didn't think there was anyone thicker than the sirkett-tard, it appears i was wrong.

#55 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

Come on we can stay up. Mr haven4ever is rejoicing in the fact we are talking of life in C1 already. We can compete with the fevs and leigh and get something off them where haven cant so its time to get points off the lesser sides in this league from now on.

#56 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

I wish we had Jessie Joe and Seymour . They've got people on both ends of that try creation and try scoring axis , and it makes a hell of a difference . They get them winnable games nailed down , and give you fuller value in points for any foothold your pack gets . Our pack has punched above what many of us thought , but to often we've been lacking the smarts and speed to register much off the back of them . So everything's a struggle . But to late now , so it's DR ( finally , please in full swing ! ) and getting the max out of what we have in the crucial games to come . Maintaining the level of this last month must give us a good shot in the friendlier games . It's a worry though that to often we've played to the level of our opposition . We can't do that after Fev . Keep up the standard and after what you've played in the last month you should have no fears. Easier games bring greater pressures though . We' haven't handled the games we were expected to win ... How we handle the next group of more favourable matches will decide our fate . We can afford no more hard luck stories .

Edited by DavidM, 15 June 2014 - 09:59 PM.

#57 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 902 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:43 PM

Wonky is right, we should and no doubt are proud of our lads , this morning with the 15 fit a bonus point was the reality we could hope for. But bring on fev and 3 points pleeeeesa !

I absolutely agree that what we have playing for our club deserves all our loyalty and i would be the first if anybody said anything different,we have a bare 15 or so players banging their hearts and heads out for us fans trying to win the game,we are having to resort to having players play out of there normal positions and jarrad(stack) is playing out of his skin in the centre spot,i know he played for the aussie school boys has a winger but what he is doing for our club makes me proud to know him and that go's for the rest of them.Phil veivers has got the team playing rugby,good rugby but,we need a couple of players and has we all know what positions i am talking about,now,if by the grace of big waney we get the players we are shouting for then i can see workington town not getting beat again this season.I know that is an exagerated statement,but i really believe it could come to fruition if we by chance get a couple of props,a halfback,and a strike centre and may be just may be dom manfredi on the wing.
Posted Image

#58 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 282 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

I absolutely agree that what we have playing for our club deserves all our loyalty and i would be the first if anybody said anything different,we have a bare 15 or so players banging their hearts and heads out for us fans trying to win the game,we are having to resort to having players play out of there normal positions and jarrad(stack) is playing out of his skin in the centre spot,i know he played for the aussie school boys has a winger but what he is doing for our club makes me proud to know him and that go's for the rest of them.Phil veivers has got the team playing rugby,good rugby but,we need a couple of players and has we all know what positions i am talking about,now,if by the grace of big waney we get the players we are shouting for then i can see workington town not getting beat again this season.I know that is an exagerated statement,but i really believe it could come to fruition if we by chance get a couple of props,a halfback,and a strike centre and may be just may be dom manfredi on the wing.

It all sounds good in writing but it'll never happen. I just don't think we will get the players, we've been banging on about it all year and it hasn't happened so why now and why when it could all be to late to save us?

#59 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,368 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:09 AM

Five points now off 9th - and the teams above us are good teams who are going to pick up a few wins . I think the most likely scenario is we'll win a few games that we should , but it won't be enough and we'll fall short. Then we'll look back at all the points we handed out - especially to the ones who survived right above us

Edited by DavidM, 16 June 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#60 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

What happens to us around half time, we always concede either side of it.

I think you can put yesterday down to having one forward on the bench we must have rested big Kris and played all our other forwards for the full 80 more or less so inevitably they have ground us down with a big fresh set of forwards

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users