Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RFL Discipline

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 windogs

windogs
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:02 PM

Peacock (fined) and sarsfield (no charge) have both got off with no suspensions after the challenge cup game.

Does anyone else think that the system is a complete joke? Seems like that there is no consistency in the outcomes.

#2 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

Yes, have a sneaky bet and you get banned for months, but assault somebody on the pitch and you're laughing!!

#3 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 10:11 AM

You're seriously comparing a few punches thrown in the heat of battle to an immoral offence that brings the integrity of the whole sport into disrepute?? Get a grip.

Posted Image

#4 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:34 PM

Perhaps peacock got leniency with his impending retirement and mbe.... then again they did hug at full time so no hard feelings

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#5 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:26 AM

Personally, I thought Matty Bowen's 2 forearm smash in to the head of his opponent in the Cas game was far worse than the punches thrown in Leeds game. I suppose that is the issue with the sanctions imposed by the disciplinary panel, it comes down to the opinions of the people on the panel. I see Hudgell at HKR is airing his views about the panel too, I must admit though, looking at the sanctions I tend to agree with his conclusions, the bigger the club you play for, the less the punishment. 

I would be intrigued to see what the sanctions would be if a Championship player, for say Batley or Dewsbury had allegedly called a match official, (sorry an opposing winger) it just so happened he was looking at the Ref when he called him "A F'ing Fagg*t" during a game. The mind boggles at the sanctions that would be imposed for such an offence.

My guess would be, he would be serving more than a 5 match ban though.

Edited by DOGFATHER, 14 June 2014 - 05:39 AM.

#6 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,989 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:20 AM

Personally, I thought Matty Bowen's 2 forearm smash in to the head of his opponent in the Cas game was far worse than the punches thrown in Leeds game. I suppose that is the issue with the sanctions imposed by the disciplinary panel, it comes down to the opinions of the people on the panel. I see Hudgell at HKR is airing his views about the panel too, I must admit though, looking at the sanctions I tend to agree with his conclusions, the bigger the club you play for, the less the punishment. 

I would be intrigued to see what the sanctions would be if a Championship player, for say Batley or Dewsbury had allegedly called a match official, (sorry an opposing winger) it just so happened he was looking at the Ref when he called him "A F'ing Fagg*t" during a game. The mind boggles at the sanctions that would be imposed for such an offence.

My guess would be, he would be serving more than a 5 match ban though.

Creating a hypothetical situation, deciding what the outcome from that would be, then generating righteous outrage about it.

Aren't forums wonderful?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users