Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Kyle

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

With regard to Briggs. Was there a transfer fee involved?

#42 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,357 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

I think transfer fees are pretty much a thing of the past in RL. The lad wanted to leave and we let him. Might free up a bit of space on the wage bill.

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#43 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

All players come and go but if you want to be successful you only let they go if
A a clubs pays for him
B you are replacing him with a better player in the squad
I don't see anyone coming in and no
Transfer fee if it is cost cutting because we cannot afford it why not say We need to know if there is more on the way and we are starting from the bottom again or are we going to have a good squad next season

#44 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

So how long do you keep a player even a young player if hes not upto standard, 1 month, 2 months, 6 months. Serious question mate, Kyle was nowhere near upto the standard we needed. Do we keep paying his contract because we all like him or do we let someone else pay it. It is a ruthless business sometimes and the coach cant win whatever he does. Kyle will probably come into form at Sheff and people will say we should of kept him. I wanted him to regain the form of old but the games I have seen it wasn't happening for him

I understand what you're saying mate, but only off load the lad when we've a better half back, don't forget he can play back row also, I think to answer your initial point i'd have tried until the end if the season,
  • jkb likes this

#45 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,297 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:52 PM

With regard to Briggs. Was there a transfer fee involved?

Colin, I'm guessing that there was no transfer fee this time, but Kyle owes us nowt, cos I think a substantial amount may have once been involved in a previous transaction involving The one and only K.M.E. Briggs.

If he's going to Eagles all Tubby has to do is give him confidence. He is the most unassuming, friendliest, loyal guy, with great talent, if Aston can get him to believe in himself he will still play a huge role in this Division.
It's was huge gamble that Kyle had to take in 2011 but , metaphorically speaking it destroyed him.Had he have stayed at Rovers until the end of the halcyon days and then moved on he'd have been a world beater.

Talking of world beaters don't be surprised if a contemporary of Kyle's, in 2010, at Rovers, doesn't end up in the NRL in the non too distant future, you heard it here first.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 09 July 2014 - 11:02 PM.

#46 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

I've suspected it for some time Andrew, you are the real Dave "Nosey" Parker.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users