Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Kyle

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:02 PM

With regard to Briggs. Was there a transfer fee involved?

#42 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,516 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

I think transfer fees are pretty much a thing of the past in RL. The lad wanted to leave and we let him. Might free up a bit of space on the wage bill.

A Fev Blog

#43 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

All players come and go but if you want to be successful you only let they go if
A a clubs pays for him
B you are replacing him with a better player in the squad
I don't see anyone coming in and no
Transfer fee if it is cost cutting because we cannot afford it why not say We need to know if there is more on the way and we are starting from the bottom again or are we going to have a good squad next season

#44 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 08:56 PM

So how long do you keep a player even a young player if hes not upto standard, 1 month, 2 months, 6 months. Serious question mate, Kyle was nowhere near upto the standard we needed. Do we keep paying his contract because we all like him or do we let someone else pay it. It is a ruthless business sometimes and the coach cant win whatever he does. Kyle will probably come into form at Sheff and people will say we should of kept him. I wanted him to regain the form of old but the games I have seen it wasn't happening for him

I understand what you're saying mate, but only off load the lad when we've a better half back, don't forget he can play back row also, I think to answer your initial point i'd have tried until the end if the season,
  • jkb likes this

#45 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:52 PM

With regard to Briggs. Was there a transfer fee involved?

Colin, I'm guessing that there was no transfer fee this time, but Kyle owes us nowt, cos I think a substantial amount may have once been involved in a previous transaction involving The one and only K.M.E. Briggs.

If he's going to Eagles all Tubby has to do is give him confidence. He is the most unassuming, friendliest, loyal guy, with great talent, if Aston can get him to believe in himself he will still play a huge role in this Division.
It's was huge gamble that Kyle had to take in 2011 but , metaphorically speaking it destroyed him.Had he have stayed at Rovers until the end of the halcyon days and then moved on he'd have been a world beater.

Talking of world beaters don't be surprised if a contemporary of Kyle's, in 2010, at Rovers, doesn't end up in the NRL in the non too distant future, you heard it here first.

Edited by Andrew Vause, 09 July 2014 - 11:02 PM.

#46 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:59 PM

I've suspected it for some time Andrew, you are the real Dave "Nosey" Parker.

#47 sentoffagain2

sentoffagain2
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

one   thing  kyle   will    give   is   100%  commitment.  very   good   team   player   and   well   respected   by  rovers   fans .hope   he   gets   his   game   back  together  i  feel   he   still   has   a   future   with   fev.

oop's   look's   like   our   coach   knows   something   i   don't   not   a   very   good   judge   of   rugby   players   letting   kyle   go.think   kyle   made  the   right   choice   signing   for   sheffield   i   feel   they   will   out   perform   us   over   the   next   two   years.

#48 AlmacUTE

AlmacUTE
  • Facebook
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:01 PM

I met Kyle in the restaurant after our win (Eagles) at Doncaster and I can only echo what you guys have already said about him. A very personable and polite young man. It seems that Mark Aston's faith in him is already being repaid by him as he pulled the strings when we beat you on Sunday and was deservedly MotM. Desperate to avoid relegation? Well we're safe now and with both Rovers and Halifax seeming to hit late season "meltdown" I expect we will be playing Leigh at Headingley in October. Perhaps if he had got paid on time, along with Etu, Colton Roche and others you would still have a very good player on your books. I am glad we have him now until the end of 2016 season

#49 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:40 PM

So essentially thaz just come on for a wind up!
Great..... now sod off!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#50 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:58 PM

I met Kyle in the restaurant after our win (Eagles) at Doncaster and I can only echo what you guys have already said about him. A very personable and polite young man. It seems that Mark Aston's faith in him is already being repaid by him as he pulled the strings when we beat you on Sunday and was deservedly MotM. Desperate to avoid relegation? Well we're safe now and with both Rovers and Halifax seeming to hit late season "meltdown" I expect we will be playing Leigh at Headingley in October. Perhaps if he had got paid on time, along with Etu, Colton Roche and others you would still have a very good player on your books. I am glad we have him now until the end of 2016 season

enjoy the win because we were pretty dire for large parts of the game yesterday and only playing with one recognised HB. If you think that warrants you a place at Headingley then so be it.....although I don't agree.

As for Kyle...correct a nice lad and sad to see him go but he just was not doing it for us for a while and maybe the change and the pressure off him has given him a new lease of life. He was always going to be up for yesterday - can he do it consistently that remains to be seen I guess but good luck to the lad. I must admit I have not see him have a better game since his major injury

Edited by Deano44, 01 September 2014 - 04:59 PM.

#51 AlmacUTE

AlmacUTE
  • Facebook
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:04 PM

So essentially thaz just come on for a wind up!
Great..... now sod off!

No wind up intended at all, just thanking your team for letting him come to Sheffield. I hope we can get you in the Grand Final but someone has to beat Leigh first at their place and I think we came closest despite being in a ###### run of form  at the time

#52 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:04 PM

I met Kyle in the restaurant after our win (Eagles) at Doncaster and I can only echo what you guys have already said about him. A very personable and polite young man. It seems that Mark Aston's faith in him is already being repaid by him as he pulled the strings when we beat you on Sunday and was deservedly MotM. Desperate to avoid relegation? Well we're safe now and with both Rovers and Halifax seeming to hit late season "meltdown" I expect we will be playing Leigh at Headingley in October. Perhaps if he had got paid on time, along with Etu, Colton Roche and others you would still have a very good player on your books. I am glad we have him now until the end of 2016 season

Cannot comment on why he left regarding getting paid but you are right you have got a very good player when you signed him and I hope he does well for you
Also happy that you are safe from relegation don't want you to have to had released him when you just got him and your club disappear due to even lower crowds in CC1. You could also be right about going to Headingley as you are peaking at what you think is the right time. Good luck with it will be happy to get second and & £450 000 in meltdown than win a few matches at end off season and get £20 000 for losing at Headingley Hope we spend our money on improving our ground and facilities for our players something that other clubs can only dream of

Good luck for rest of season and as I said hope Kyle plays well for Sheffield next year

Edited by jt, 01 September 2014 - 05:05 PM.

#53 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,038 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:00 PM

No wind up intended at all

aye, owt tha sez. "Just come on to talk about kyle my ar se! Couldn't wait to get to the 'pay bit' could you?
Do one you Zurich banker!

Edited by Robin Evans, 01 September 2014 - 06:01 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#54 Monkeymagic22

Monkeymagic22
  • Coach
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:09 PM

Players don't seem greatly happy today either judging by their comments on twitter..

#55 maksymilian

maksymilian
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

I met Kyle in the restaurant after our win (Eagles) at Doncaster and I can only echo what you guys have already said about him. A very personable and polite young man. It seems that Mark Aston's faith in him is already being repaid by him as he pulled the strings when we beat you on Sunday and was deservedly MotM. Desperate to avoid relegation? Well we're safe now and with both Rovers and Halifax seeming to hit late season "meltdown" I expect we will be playing Leigh at Headingley in October. Perhaps if he had got paid on time, along with Etu, Colton Roche and others you would still have a very good player on your books. I am glad we have him now until the end of 2016 season

From what I saw while Kyle played for Fev was talent, but couldn't handle the pressure that playing for a team with aspirations of finishing top brought. Decision making is key for a half back and some of the passes kyle made cost us the game on a few occasions.
Thus knocked his confidence and was clearly (to coin a phrase) heading for melt down.

Let's see how he copes with pressure that will be on him if Sheffield do indeed get to Grand Final and/or decide to play rugby for a full season.

Edited by maksymilian, 01 September 2014 - 06:20 PM.

#56 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:18 PM

Kyle was a great player in his first spell at Fev, hence why the Bulls signed. Alas that was over 2 years ago, sadly I think we've seen the best of him.

Another one bites the dust eh Steve.

#57 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:27 PM

Kyle got 3 tries yesterday created 3 more and would have kicked all the goals, had Brambani not been the kicker ( only one try on the touchline) a serious question to open the debate up but what are Rovers' fans memories of ex players coming back to haunt us? I'll start the bidding with Ross Divorty getting 4 tries for Halifax in the. 60-12 win in 2012 and Tommy Haughey for Cas in 2005.

#58 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:40 PM

I said that Kyle couldn't step off his left, so he proved me wrong there. I think his problem at Rovers was that Andy Kain has taken over as top dog in the stand off department since he's been out injured and Kyle struggled under his shadow. Now he's got away from Rovers his confidence is sky high again.

#59 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:23 AM

You have done Kyle no good whatsoever with that remark, I always liked Kyle as a player and a person, but now im starting to think hes been slagging the club off, a club that are trying there best to honour contracts that the fake sheik agreed to, vastly inflated contracts that most of them DO NOT deserve

#60 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,836 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

Players don't seem greatly happy today either judging by their comments on twitter..

Bet there not as unhappy as I was forking out £50 to be entertained only to watch that shiiite