Kyle

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 sentoffagain2

sentoffagain2
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:55 AM

Bet there not as unhappy as I was forking out £50 to be entertained only to watch that shiiite

first   half   performance   at   halifax   was   brilliant  probably   the   best   all   season.against   eagles   no   energy ,aggression  and   mostly   one   up   forward   drives.we   really   needed   to   win  the   game  so   i   can't   understand   the  lack   of   determination .i   realise   we   played   without  regular  half   back   pairing   but   that   does    not   excuse  poor   defence .the   players   did   up   their   game   in  the   second   half   and   deserved   the   bonus   point  keegan  and   young   teasdale   led   the   way.however   every   time   eagles   got   to   our   20   metre  line   they   looked   like   scoring.looking   forward   to   a   better  performance   sunday.after   the   season   we  have   had  to   finish   second  would  be   a   major   achievment,and   the   players   deserve   credit   for  their  efforts   under  trying   circumstances.

#62 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:22 PM

first   half   performance   at   halifax   was   brilliant  probably   the   best   all   season.against   eagles   no   energy ,aggression  and   mostly   one   up   forward   drives.we   really   needed   to   win  the   game  so   i   can't   understand   the  lack   of   determination .i   realise   we   played   without  regular  half   back   pairing   but   that   does    not   excuse  poor   defence .the   players   did   up   their   game   in  the   second   half   and   deserved   the   bonus   point  keegan  and   young   teasdale   led   the   way.however   every   time   eagles   got   to   our   20   metre  line   they   looked   like   scoring.looking   forward   to   a   better  performance   sunday.after   the   season   we  have   had  to   finish   second  would  be   a   major   achievment,and   the   players   deserve   credit   for  their  efforts   under  trying   circumstances.

The killer blow was the try conceded just before half time; 22-4 was too much to come back from and it was a desperate kick near their line when we we were pressing that gave them the opportunity to break away. It shouldn't have been allowed though, the final pass from Knowles to QLT was a good yard forward, but the linesman wouldn't have got a good view because he was too far downfield trying to catch up with the break. It might have been completely different at 16-4 going into the break?

#63 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

Unfortunately, we were making it up as we went along.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users