TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

The Stadium Company And Football Hooligans

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:02 PM

What the hell were the Stadium Company doing allowed that moronic football fan to be filmed roaming around the stadium ? The guy is banned from stadiums all over the country. Just when you thought the profile of the town couldn't be lowered any further football fans manage it with ease thanks to our Stadium Company.

#2 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:24 PM

Agree entirely - the true supporters of the two teams that play at the stadium deserve a full explanation of who sanctioned this and why.   And that person should be invited to look for other emplloyment - whoever he/she is.  But I think we know we will be kept in the dark as usual.  Whoever did it probably pocketed some of the TV fee for themselves.  If so, they are as much a scumbag as the individual highlighted on the programme..

Both teams have gone out of their way to create positive vibes about the town and the experience for visiting fans.  Dale just been voted the third best away venue in Division 2 (only behind trips to Devon).  Only Wigan scored higher then Dale in NW - and most fans found visits to other NW teams among the worst. I would expect trips to Hornets games also would score high among RL fans.  

And for 30 pieces of silver we now are up in lights as Pond life North West..

#3 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:43 AM

A lot of Dale fans not happy either.

http://www.fansnetwo...ly-bullsh*t/#47
A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#4 ormskirknet

ormskirknet
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

Would somebody like to expand on this thread, whats it all about?

Really appreciate some more details and background

Edited by ormskirknet, 13 June 2014 - 11:06 AM.

#5 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

Would somebody like to expand on this thread, whats it all about?

Really appreacte some more details and background

It's all about last nights TV programme on football hooligans. It had the usual cast of brain dead football " fans " pretending to be hard men. The thing that bugged me was part of the film featured a Rochdale fan who has been banned from every ground in the land for football violence offences strutting around the empty stadium in broad daylight giving it large about what a character he was ! Somebody must have given permission for this filming to take place. I'd like to know who that person was and how much was the pay off ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces, 12 June 2014 - 03:40 PM.

#6 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

http://www.dailymail...-stand-man.html

Some backround!

And some other idiot set up his walk-on part!

#7 Hornets Nest

Hornets Nest
  • Coach
  • 622 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:39 AM

Come on you've got to have a chuckle was it actually a serious programme? Rochdale's finest bother causers Lee and Mildew, it was a load of stage managed buffoonery. Mildew must have put the fear of God into other "firms". Not sure he'd be able to tackle a good chippy dinner.

#8 Tyrone Shoelaces

Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:55 AM

I see the football club have realised a statement regarding this issue. Basically it says Channel 5 conned them by using a " ringer " to gain access to the ground and then filming the " nut-job " in his place. Very poor all round in my opinion.

At least we don't have a similar problem with hooligans.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users