TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Sam Barlow possible serious injury

Leigh

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#41 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

In the clip quite late on, after the brawl had flared up again the ref still seemed quite passive and allowed the players to mill around close to each other. He should have been bawling at them, using his arms to get them to both retreat to their own 40's.

He looked like a little lost lad.

What ref's should do on occasions like this is to get both sets of players to retreat back toward their own line, and lay a red card on an appropriate line marker, stating that any player that crosses that line will receive his marching orders.

#42 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

Shocking foul from Manning, let's hope he does get a long ban.

After that it looks like both teams were up for the fight. Leigh have a weekly slot at the Disciplinary Committee who pretty much seem unable to find anyone guilty of anything serious. Eleven players appeared at Disciplinary after previous Halifax v Leigh. No moral high ground for either team.

All the refs fault of course.

#43 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:39 AM

After that it looks like both teams were up for the fight. Leigh have a weekly slot at the Disciplinary Committee who pretty much seem unable to find anyone guilty of anything serious. Eleven players appeared at Disciplinary after previous Halifax v Leigh. No moral high ground for either team.

No, but that hit of Manning's was exceptional, even taking into consideration the history between these two teams.

#44 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

All the refs fault of course.

Who did you have sent off for cleaning Ryan Brierley with a high shot ?
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#45 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

Who did you have sent off for cleaning Ryan Brierley with a high shot ?

Cleaning out? He managed to get to his feet straight after the sending off and score in the second half. Sending off sufficient or more likely sending off unjustified. And your coach had to be restrained as well. But let's not detract from Leigh's weekly appearances at the Disciplinary Committee. More appearances than anyone else regardless of who is the opposition or who is the referee.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 14 June 2014 - 07:33 PM.

#46 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

Cleaning out? He managed to get to his feet straight after the sending off and score in the second half. Sending off sufficient or more likely sending off unjustified. And your coach had to be restrained as well. But let's not detract from Leigh's weekly appearances at the Disciplinary Committee. More appearances than anyone else regardless of who is the opposition or who is the referee.

It's great playing all of these Yarkshire sides who attempt to play too robust. Manning will end up with a lengthy ban and Haggerty will cop a couple. Regards more appearances before the judiciary we've yet to have someone receive a ban,still you didn't mention that.. Now jog on boy.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#47 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,576 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:47 PM

Sam Barlow was very lucky the match officials or Video didnt see him swinging punches at Gareth Potts on the sideline in the first game at The Shay this year. This was after he was red carded for hitting Dane Manning in a tackle. Barlow has history of this type of thing. He spat at fev fans at the Grand Final and he also headbutted one of the Batley players whom he had just tackled when he play for Fax a couple of years ago. Leigh have a number of players who push the limits with what they do and probably why many have been reported. Sarsfield trying to rough up Peacock was I suppose OK. Its not the first brawl Leigh have been involved in this year and its not just against Fax they have had problems. Trying to paint Leigh as Angels is a bit of a joke 

#48 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:30 AM

Leigh are no Angels, but we have a trend of teams targeting our players late - McAvoy has just got 3 games for doing that against us when he hit Penky late. Fax hit Barlow late 2/3 times before the last one, took McNally out also. Brierley at Dewsbury etc all in the past few games

This is how it was 70/80's, it is cowardl, very dangerous and must be removed from the sport - it rarely happens in SL, why?

#49 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:35 AM

It's great playing all of these Yarkshire sides who attempt to play too robust. Manning will end up with a lengthy ban and Haggerty will cop a couple. Regards more appearances before the judiciary we've yet to have someone receive a ban,still you didn't mention that.. Now jog on boy.

We've yet to have someone receive a ban......really?

Penkywicz one match ban v Fev
Emmet one match ban v Halifax

and plenty of other cases of punching and fighting where the Disciplinary Committee decided on no further action or fines. And if anyone wants a laugh, read some of the Leigh cases for the defence.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 15 June 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#50 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:34 AM

It's simple, teams like yours rely on a game plan to bring us to your low level. It involves slowing the game down, a short 10m and plenty niggle- a good ref sorts it a poor one loses it
Too many clubs at our level have no fans and no hope, and have a deep rooted resentment of the few that do

#51 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

Of course no Leigh team would stoop that low , unless they were playing Leeds ....
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#52 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,860 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 03:06 PM

RL is a tough uncompromising sport and no one can condone or justify tackes that knock players out .
Letsnot try and find reasons / excuses to detract from the thread it's typical of narrow minded blinkered people who really are not true rugby league supporters .
Bringing up past games only highlights the possibility that Mannings attack was pre meditated .
Lets get back to wanting to support the hardest team sport played to all the right standards .
There is no place for cheap cowardly shots no matter how people want to try and justify .

#53 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

I was taking the P btw

#54 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

I was taking the P btw

Yes, I know it really made me laugh. Great post

#55 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,378 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:42 PM

10 games for Manning
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#56 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,753 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:26 PM

I was taking the P btw

Really? Even though you have said exactly the same thing to numerous groups of fans on their forums whenever they have had the temerity to criticise your team. Is your humour so limited or don't you know the meaning of disingenuous?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#57 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:36 PM

Really? Even though you have said exactly the same thing to numerous groups of fans on their forums whenever they have had the temerity to criticise your team. Is your humour so limited or don't you know the meaning of disingenuous?

Very well said

#58 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

Is it just me or are there more than two players throwing punches in this clip?

#59 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,860 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

I was taking the P btw

I was taking the P btw

What happened to actons biting offence, it seems to have been brushed under the carpet quite well.

#60 Les Tonks Sidestep

Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Coach
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

Is it just me or are there more than two players throwing punches in this clip?

Certainly looks like it - I think the video reviewer needs an appointment with the referees' sponsor in the near future..........

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Leigh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users