Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

14/06/14 - Catalan Dragons v St Helens KO 6pm

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Catalan Dragons (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. St Helens (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,408 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:25 AM

Discuss Catalan Dragons v St Helens here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:53 PM

We have a raft of players back from injury for this game, which could work for or against us depending on match fitness and how the returning bodies impact on team dynamics. We're without Lance Hohaia though as his wife is about to drop a sprog so that could change things slightly.  I've already lost count of how many halfback partners Luke Walsh has had to adapt to this season.  God knows what our final line up will be as Brown is the master of his own universe.

We have only lost once in Perpignan, when we fielded an under 19s team back in the day, so our record there is good but that is an invitation for the record to be broken and it will be 30 degrees in the blazing sun so it's anyone's guess who will win this as I haven't got a clue.  I hope it's Saints though.

#3 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,433 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

Catalan win, bringing the top6 closer together...... Don't we just love our game.

#4 The Bobster

The Bobster
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

Saints all the way

Posted Image

#5 Bluepaul

Bluepaul
  • Players
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 11:11 AM

Saints by 10  :D

#6 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:58 PM

Thought all Catalans home games were on tv? Can't find it in listings.

#7 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:01 PM

Thought all Catalans home games were on tv? Can't find it in listings.

Sky Sports 1 red button today.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#8 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 912 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

Thank you

#9 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,655 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

Catalans 4-0 up through a Duport try.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#10 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,655 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:45 PM

Catalans will probably be busting a gut to get points from this game as, in spite of what will be a second successive home fixture, they'll come up short next weekend.  B)

(It's the new optimistic me.)

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#11 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,347 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

Advertised everywhere as KO 6pm, but it kicks off at 5pm? Nearly HT now......

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#12 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,655 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:55 PM

8-0 Les Cats, 2 mins to half time.

#13 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,655 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:57 PM

Try to Michael Oldfield.

#14 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 612 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

Why were Catalan not awarded a penalty try? no knock on or a scrum would have neen given, Whitehead tackled without the ball in a try scoring position. Useless video ref.

#15 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

Well, as I feared, our returning players have messed us up rather than helped us.  We're misfiring in attack.  And we still have weak forwards, or forwards who aren't working very hard, whichever.  Can't go to the Dragons to enjoy the sunshine as they will always be up for the battle.  Need to bend our backs in the second half, stop the stupid offloads, try not to give away stupid penalties and make a game of it.  But I don't have much hope.

#16 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,188 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:02 PM

Why were Catalan not awarded a penalty try? no knock on or a scrum would have neen given, Whitehead tackled without the ball in a try scoring position. Useless video ref.

Presumably because the video ref wasn't convinced he would have scored.  Nor was I.  That ball was moving too fast and he was too far away. 

#17 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,655 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

We have only lost once in Perpignan, when we fielded an under 19s team back in the day, 

That may have been the occasion when a group of lads from Hull had bets on Catalans to beat Saints with a 20 or so points start on a William Hill coupon. They won the bet easily and stood to win hundreds but Hills refused to pay out saying that, under the circumstances, ie. Saints in a cup semi the week after, Catalans had been given too much start on the coupon so it was human error on the betting slip.

The betting ombudsman ruled in Hill's favour, surprise, surprise. 

Chuffing outrageous.

#18 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 595 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

Advertised everywhere as KO 6pm, but it kicks off at 5pm? Nearly HT now......

Yeah cheers JD ive missed the 1st half due to you putting 6pm KO on the headline

#19 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,786 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:13 PM

Try to Michael Oldfield.

Please tell me they played the main theme from 'Tubular Bells' over the PA system when that happened.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#20 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 595 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:17 PM

I presume Terry O'Connor aint at the ground as he was in the sky sports studio at 3pm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users