League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

14/06/14 - Catalan Dragons v St Helens KO 6pm

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Catalan Dragons (5 votes [62.50%])

Percentage of vote: 62.50%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. St Helens (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 842 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

Wow, I wish I could enjoy a 'terrible' season like St Helens are having!

#82 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

Wow, I wish I could enjoy a 'terrible' season like St Helens are having!

If you were doing then you'd be just as annoyed as us at the kind of 'performance' our team put out on Saturday. 

Edited by Saintslass, 15 June 2014 - 04:13 PM.

#83 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 604 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

St.Helens being top of the league is a bit of joke really,when was the last time a league leader got nilled or conceded 40 points.

#84 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,738 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 10:59 PM

St.Helens being top of the league is a bit of joke really,when was the last time a league leader got nilled or conceded 40 points.

It's hardly a bit of a joke.

They are there for a reason and that is they've been the best team over the weekly rounds up until now.

Their result this weekend could be described as a bit of a joke perhaps, but then, I'd trade their previous consistent results and this game as a one off in exchange for how my team are doing.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#85 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:03 PM

Sydney Roosters have probably the best squad in the NRL and they have been nilled this year.

It happens to the best of sides.

#86 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,643 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

Yes Catalans played probably their best game of the year but to be nilled is appalling.

You couldn't fault some of the players for effort, the likes of Lomax, Roby, Walmsley, Wellens & Thompson ran their blood to water but others were notciable for their total lack of effort.

We keep hearing from Brown that Wheeler is the most skillful half back at the club, but he finally gets a chance to shine at 6 but I never even noticed he was playing till he ran 20 yards sideways and got smashed early in the 2nd half. His lack of effort left Walsh to try and create everything on his own and Catalans soon worked this out and shut him down.

Willie Manu was a disgrace with the way he took the ball in, he was walking slower than a 1 legged pensioner and Masoe took the ball up standing still every time. 

You expect the odd bad day throughout a season but its happening far too often at Saints and this suggests there's something fundamentally wrong, whether that be with the players or with the coaching team, but the directors need to have a long hard look at things and take steps to put it right.

#87 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

Unfortunately it's been confirmed that Jonny Lomax is out for the season :(

It looked pretty nasty at the time and I was shocked that he was able to walk off. They're a tough bunch in Rugby League, a bit of a contrast to all the rolling round we've been seeing in the World Cup so far.

Best of luck to him with his recovery, he was having a strong season and will hopefully bounce back next year.

Edited by MrFussy, 17 June 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#88 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 604 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 10:40 PM

Sydney Roosters have probably the best squad in the NRL and they have been nilled this year.

It happens to the best of sides.

I saw that game it was nothing like the cats v saints game apart from the shape of the ball

A top of the league side should not be conceding 42 points to any team,never mind the 8th in the table.
Saints will be 5th in the league come the end and its were they deserve

#89 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

A top of the league side should not be conceding 42 points to any team,never mind the 8th in the table.
Saints will be 5th in the league come the end and its were they deserve

I agree with your first sentence.  Most of the conceding was done in the last 20 minutes.  But we were rubbish anyway given the amount of ball we gave away particularly in the first half.  Those four clear try scoring chances we got we should have taken.

As for your second sentence, I will wait until we have played Cas and Wigan before commenting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users