TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

15/06/14 - Salford Red Devils v Bradford Bulls KO 3pm

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Salford Red Devils (9 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Bradford Bulls (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,764 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:26 AM

Discuss Salford Red Devils v Bradford Bulls here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

Blah blah blah, must win match, blah blah blah, do or die. blah blah blah, Salford by 10.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#3 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,238 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:59 AM

come on bradford

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#4 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 554 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

Come on ..... (waits to see if Wakey beat London or not).

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

#5 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,198 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

Toughy. For all their money and our lack of players we have both won 4 matches. Who knows. Throws coin in the air. Lands on 36-4 to Salford. :hunter:

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#6 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

Hard one to call, this one.  Salford should beat Bradford comfortably given the ability they have in their team but I haven't watched a more uninspiring team in ages.  Evalds is their sole threat I think.  He certainly looks the liveliest, although I think they have Greg Johnson back for this one as well which will help them.

#7 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

Well last time out we were undone early on by Hock and then by Chase.  That's where the threat is.  When Chase has the ball the defensive line needs to be straight without people jumping out to try and nail him.  With Hock it's about tackle technique and bravery.  Our right edge defence need to be in his face from the outset.  IIRC his first carry in the Odsal game he went straight through Ferguson like he wasn't there > try.

I'm hoping that now the players know what the task is then so there's only one point of focus.

Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#8 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:38 PM

It all hangs on the Bradford mindset and what happens at Belle Vue on Friday, Assuming London squeak 1 or 2 points at Belle Vue and Salford do not blow the Bulls away in the first 20 then Iestyn Harris coaching skills could act as the cattle prod for a Bulls win.

If London are tonked and Salford start off well though could be a long afternoon for the Bulls at Barton.

Salfoird are becoming the worst team money can buy so a committed Bulls team could end up making the good Doctor see red and Iestyn getting the bus back to Shudehill. Well you would not order a Taxi with the traffic at Barton and on the Liverpool Road now would you... 

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#9 Red Devils PAW

Red Devils PAW
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 07:34 PM

then Iestyn Harris coaching skills could act as the cattle prod for a Bulls win.

Salfoird are becoming the worst team money can buy so a committed Bulls team could end up making the good Doctor see red and Iestyn getting the bus back to Shudehill. Well you would not order a Taxi with the traffic at Barton and on the Liverpool Road now would you...

Red Rooster,

It appears as though your years following London has finally affected you.

Your post is well below your usual,exemplary,standard.

Iestyn Harris did coach a Salford side to victory at Odsal in April.

Where you write ' are becoming ' this is now the past tense. 

This will be a comprehensive home victory for Salford.

The RFL plant to try and help Bradford avoid relegation left the club in April.

He didn't use a bus or a taxi.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it

#10 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:15 PM

So much of a plant he won more games than his replacement...!

Red Rooster is right that I think the Wakey/London game has a big say in which Bradford turn up - the lose by 12 Bradford or the lose by 50 Bradford ;)
SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

#11 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:24 PM

We haven't enough props and as Koncrete says we've never dealt with Chase or Hock, whatever colours they've worn.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#12 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:45 PM

So much of a plant he won more games than his replacement...!

Red Rooster is right that I think the Wakey/London game has a big say in which Bradford turn up - the lose by 12 Bradford or the lose by 50 Bradford ;)

We've no goal kicker. Not a one. None. So, you're not going to lose by 50. It will have to be a score divisible by four.

#13 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,198 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:02 AM

Red Rooster,

It appears as though your years following London has finally affected you.

Your post is well below your usual,exemplary,standard.

Iestyn Harris did coach a Salford side to victory at Odsal in April.

Where you write ' are becoming ' this is now the past tense. 

This will be a comprehensive home victory for Salford.

He didn't use a bus or a taxi.

That's one of the worst poems I read.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#14 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

We've no goal kicker. Not a one. None. So, you're not going to lose by 50. It will have to be a score divisible by four.

I'm sure you will score one under the posts

SQL Honours

#15 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

It really is a must win game for Bradford. The Bulls by 10.

#16 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 554 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:48 AM

Come on ..... (waits to see if Wakey beat London or not).

Come on Bradford.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

#17 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,705 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

It really is a must win game for Bradford. 

Ahhh!

Jeopardy arrives at last.

Salford 24 Bradford 25

attendance 25,700 

#18 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

Ahhh!

Jeopardy arrives at last.

Salford 24 Bradford 25

attendance 25,700 

Absolutely. Jeopardy has added so much piquancy to this one, that I'm going to attend twice I'm that excited.

#19 ettenna

ettenna
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

Expect Salford win, but close,, just hope G Johnson gets his face rearranged in the process.

#20 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 07:49 AM

Absolutely. Jeopardy has added so much piquancy to this one, that I'm going to attend twice I'm that excited.

Oh yes, must agree. Two teams, both need to win but neither seems to know how. What's not to like?

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users