TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

15/06/14 - Salford Red Devils v Bradford Bulls KO 3pm

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Salford Red Devils (9 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Bradford Bulls (3 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote

#41 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

Well the Bulls are relegated now, not unless the brains that be at Red Hall alter the competition rules. I honestly think that they were really hoping that the Catalans got releagted along with the Broncos, giving the RFL their dream of a M62 only Super League competition.

Wow. Really! You seriously need to get a grip.

#42 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:22 AM

Nice guys finish last. I've been saying for months that Cummins' lack of experience will cost us, he should have been replaced a long, long time ago - if we were intending on fighting to stay up that is. I didn't even think he was up to the job last season when he had a poor run. We cannot defend and no-one in the coaching set-up who has a clue how to fix it. We are a very poor team. I'll never discount the money troubles but really? Week after week after week of genuine dross is always attributed to the shambles of an off-field team at Bradford? I've heard no squeak of late wages or whatnot for 12-months, yet nothing improves. Francis will probably stick by the club next season in Superchampioleagueship2, and St Hilaire will too; just like he's stuck by playing Gaskell, Addy and Walker all out of position and playing Henry at all. The emergency call to Noble or Kear was too late by Easter. At least my season ticket should be cheaper next season.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#43 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:31 AM

If we'd got all 6 points back – in a parallel universe – and still played like that yesterday it would probably be the first time I’d have thought he needs to be sacked. As it stands, I don’t think it would change anything right now and personally I think the club need to come out and say they are planning for next season in one way or another. If there was any point he might have been sacked, it should have been after Easter – like you say, maybe too late and the (decent) performances against Catalans and Warrington would have been put down to FC being sacked when they have shown they can do it anyway.

We are the only club out of the bottom four not to part ways with their coach so far this year – that tells its own story for whatever reason, due to lack of money, realisation at the futility at the situation etc. I’d be disappointed if Francis was still in charge next year, and I don’t think he will be. Like I’ve said before, a break from the club would benefit both him and us.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#44 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

I don't see how Cummins can continue now.  His position is just untenable.  How does he possibly approach the LIVE TV game on Friday after shipping nearly 50 points to Salford then calling the players pathetic in public?  If the players wouldn't play for him before then they sure as hell aint going to play for him now.

We have already decided that we will not be attending the game on Friday even though we're ticket holders.  If FC goes this week then I'll probably change my mind, but somehow I don't think Green will act.  Unless I've missed something Ferres said there would be a deep look at the club after Easter and yet I haven't seen or heard anything since that references those words.  At the moment there's only one person the fans can look to and rally round, and even he seems to have been silenced.

Note - I've got a thousand per cent respect for Cummins and am very grateful for what he has done under extremely difficult circumstances.  However, the point now is that he's not the man to take us forward, and that's pretty much all that matters when it boils down.  If he stays much longer then all that goodwill that the fans have towards him will turn very quickly to resentment.  He's already lost the players, the last thing he needs is to be kicked out with crowd baying at him.  Best walk away now with dignity and his reputation intact.

Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#45 Amber Avenger

Amber Avenger
  • Coach
  • 5,789 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

I don't see how Cummins can continue now.  His position is just untenable.  How does he possibly approach the LIVE TV game on Friday after shipping nearly 50 points to Salford then calling the players pathetic in public?  If the players wouldn't play for him before then they sure as hell aint going to play for him now

You have to laugh at that - he called some of them pathetic but said his hand is forced because there is nobody to come in to replace them. I do have some sympathy there, maybe he is trying to shame performances out of them?

I do wonder if the players realise there are two less teams in SL to move to next year, and the way they are playing the phones aren't going to ring off the hook with offers when we get relegated.

SQL Honours
Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009
CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

#46 Errol Stock

Errol Stock
  • Coach
  • 493 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

At the moment there's only one person the fans can look to and rally round, and even he seems to have been silenced.

Key word here - silenced.

Agree totally with all thats said by Konkrete & Amber. I went to Catalan - great holiday - horrible 80 minutes endured in there.

While to taking post match photos and collecting autographs, Jay Pitts and Joe Arundell both apologised to us for the wasted journey.

Strange how two loan players were the only ones who "got it".

Decided to not go to another game at that point.

There ought to have been a fans forum by now, there ought to have been a stronger reaction after the Catalan (or maybe Wigan) game.

It is obvious there is something very wrong and for me the silence just makes it worse.

Its all very well calling on fans to back Marc Green and back the team - but for those who make the effort to be rewarded with performances like those at Salford/Wigan/Catalan - it simply won't wash.

I expect attendances to drop again now and revenues will do the same.

Think we are now just about back to the Barry Seabourne coaching days :shout:

#47 Errol Stock

Errol Stock
  • Coach
  • 493 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:10 PM

Well - there we go then

http://www.bradfordb...th-coaching-duo

Who will it be? - Matt Diskin has a LOT on his shoulders for friday now

#48 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin