Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fev make bid for Huddersfield Big 3

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#201 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 542 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

I've had a good read of this thread and others on this forum and the thought flew in to my head again that I have absolutely no idea why anyone would ever want to invest a single penny in rugby league, they'll never get any thanks for it. I'm utterly convinced I could win £100m in the Euromillions jackpot, put £95m into developing rugby league and I'd still get people complaining that I was selfish for not sticking in the last £5m.

I think people would love your £95m ckn. The difference between you and Feisal is a, you would be putting your own money into the game (I'm not convinced FN has) and b, you have a good understanding of Rugby league.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#202 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,242 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:59 PM

I've had a good read of this thread and others on this forum and the thought flew in to my head again that I have absolutely no idea why anyone would ever want to invest a single penny in rugby league, they'll never get any thanks for it.  I'm utterly convinced I could win £100m in the Euromillions jackpot, put £95m into developing rugby league and I'd still get people complaining that I was selfish for not sticking in the last £5m.

In this case there is a lot of history.

Though you are right that any chance of a reconciliation is long gone if you read the comments on here or on twitter.  Lots of the haters were probably the same people having a go at anyone who suggested that Fev should be careful and defending him to the hilt only a few months ago.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#203 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,763 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

I think people would love your £95m ckn. The difference between you and Feisal is a, you would be putting your own money into the game (I'm not convinced FN has) and b, you have a good understanding of Rugby league.

I wouldn't say that having a good understanding of RL is crucial. Of course if you don't you need to at least have a passion for it and surround yourself with the right people.

I think the bigger thing is having the right intentions, and these have always appeared to be questionable with this bloke.

He appears to have promised three revolutions at three clubs, and none have followed.

#204 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 542 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

I wouldn't say that having a good understanding of RL is crucial. Of course if you don't you need to at least have a passion for it and surround yourself with the right people.

Agreed Dave, sadly Nahaboo doesn't seem like the kind of bloke who will readily take advice from anyone.

It would therefore have been nice if he had an understanding of the game to give himself a fighting chance.

Obviously most of what has been written on these forums is pure guess work. I just have a terrible feeling the aftermath of FN could be a whole heap of trouble. Time will tell.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#205 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

Hornets play Featherstone on Sunday, and our FanBlog has pulled forward our match preview to cover this story http://theseladscanr...blogspot.co.uk/ - probably nothing new to most people, but a view of how it looks to outsiders.

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#206 thebacca

thebacca
  • Players
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:05 PM

I really hope this news is true.

If so, it would appear he has taken his bat and ball home after not getting his own way again. Which club will he try and get his claws into next? I expect an announcement soon from his sidekick Poskitt to say he is leaving as well.

My main concern now is that the club has adequate provision to cover wages and contracts if Mr Nahaboo is not around. I hope the volunteers who are building the new stand have received the donation they were promised 6 weeks ago, although I am not holding my breath.

I believe Mr Nahaboo's finger prints were all over the removal of Daryl Powell. Sadly this decision has set the club back years but I sincerely hope the club can now move forward at a sustainable pace under Andy Hay.

The Fans Forum on Wednesday night should be an interesting meeting, whether Nahaboo has gone or not!

just to say dp was not removed! he told the board he would be leaving at end of season.reason,ask mc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users